What's the absolute easiest game to create in GameSalad? That's also popular?

I mean what is the easiest game you can create without great animation software, knowledge of game development, something simple kids would like? Also, without purchasing a template, how do you create a game like Candy Crush or Farm Heros?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

@ijpojOP said:
    Also, without purchasing a template, how do you create a game like Candy Crush or Farm Heros?

Not to be rude, but asking us for to inform you how to make an entire game, or rather an entire game mechanic, probably won't get you anywhere. Especially since you had priorly mentioned games that didn't require great animation or knowledge of game development...perhaps rephrasing your statements and questions will attract more replies.

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486
    edited October 2014

You will find that the more you challenge yourself, the better you will get and the more you will understand Gamesalad and its mechanics. Think of a game that you would like to make and jump right in. When you get stuck just as the community here on Gamesalad and we will surely help you out to the best of our ability. :)

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

You should make a game you would play. That will help drive you through the tough times!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited October 2014

@ijpojOP said:
    I mean what is the easiest game you can create without great animation software . . .

Flappy Bird.

@ijpojOP‌
    . . . knowledge of game development . . .

Flappy Bird.

@ijpojOP‌
    . . . something simple kids would like?

Flappy Bird.

@ijpojOP‌
    Also, without purchasing a template . .

Flappy Bird.

@ijpojOP‌
    . . . how do you create a game like Candy Crush or Farm Heros?

Flappy Bird.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@socks did you mean flappy bird or flappy bird?

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Call of duty :)

Darren.

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

I wish...lol

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@ijpojOP said:
    I mean what is the easiest game you can create without great animation software, knowledge of game development, something simple kids would like? Also, without purchasing a template, how do you create a game like Candy Crush or Farm Heros?

It's sort of like asking, "What is the best book I can write with this pencil?" The pencil isn't going to make you a great author. It's a darn fine tool but it can't do the creative work. Same goes for GameSalad... it's a darn fine tool but you have to come up with the idea. As @jonmulcahy‌ suggested, having passion about a game or idea is a great place to start. But if you want to know about other games people have made with GameSalad, check out the featured games: http://gamesalad.com/featured-games.

There are many video tutorials including those in my signature below that will get you started on game development with GameSalad. Why not dive in and see what you can make?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    It's sort of like asking, "What is the best book I can write with this pencil?" The pencil isn't going to make you a great author. It's a darn fine tool but it can't do the creative work.

Bu what if it's a book about pencils ?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@Socks if it's a book made out of pencils you're fine.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    Socks if it's a book made out of pencils you're fine.

Yes, exactly a book about pencils, made out of pencils . . . . I think we can close this thread now.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Socks said:
    Yes, exactly a book about pencils, made out of pencils . . . . I think we can close this thread now.

Working on a clone now. Any way to make this... easier? Turns out a book made of pencils about pencils is harder then I thought.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Working on a clone now. Any way to make this... easier? Turns out a book made of pencils about pencils is harder then I thought.

If your cloned book made out of pencils about pencils is too hard try something softer....a 2B perhaps...or shall we just draw this to a close?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@AlchimiaStudios said:

I think @Socks‌ has a template for it, but its kinda pricey.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378

Button Mashers

1. Create a new game project
    2. Create your first actor and select a color in the actor's settings
    3. Drag the first actor to the scene and cover the entire scene with the actor
    4. Create your second actor and select a color in the actor's settings
    5. Drag the second actor to the scene and put on top of the first actor
    6. Create a game attribute called Score
    7. Go to the backstage menu
    8. Make a rule with a condition, when touch is pressed
    9. Do a Change attribute behavior and drag it into the rule.
    10. Change Score Attribute to Score + 10
    11. Use a Display Text Behavior to display the score in your actor
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

I'd recommend cloning No Man's Sky. Should be pretty easy in GS, a few hours work max.

@Armelline said:
    I'd recommend cloning No Man's Sky. Should be pretty easy in GS, a few hours work max.

It might not be as straightforward as you think as GameSalad doesn't have the No Man's Sky font.

• TinpotTinpot Member Posts: 54

@Socks said:
    It might not be as straightforward as you think as GameSalad doesn't have the No Man's Sky font.

No problems. Change the font type, change the main actor, and call it No Woman's Sky.
    You have yourself a bonified clone! Pull up a chair, sip on a cocktail and watch the millions flow.

• ijpojOPijpojOP Member Posts: 8

@Tinpot said:

hey can you help me out with my other question in this category. I'm asking, "I HAVE WINDOWS 8 AND A FREE VERSION OF GAMESALAD. HOW TO CREATE QUIZZES WITH TABLES".

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

@ijpojOP said:
    hey can you help me out with my other question in this category. I'm asking, "I HAVE WINDOWS 8 AND A FREE VERSION OF GAMESALAD. HOW TO CREATE QUIZZES WITH TABLES".

Create numerous questions with multiple choice answers. Create a scoring system. Import artwork of tables (you can add the chairs later if you wish). Publish.