HELP - I can not sign the app to be uploaded to the Android store

English
I create the file .keystore, but then when I insert it to sign the app asks me the password, the insert (the right one) and I did not unlock button next to then create a file to send to the store.

Italiano
io creo il file .keystore, ma poi quando lo inserisco per firmare l'app mi chiede la password , la inserisco (quella giusta) e non mi sblocca il tasto next per poi creare il file da inviare allo store.

Comments

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

You have to press ENTER after you put in your password.

• el_trattorel_trattor Member, PRO Posts: 6
    edited October 2014

I pressed ENTER it, but I did not unlock the next button. however now I'm trying again

I redid the whole procedure. I put in the key store file for signing. I put the password, and I pressed enter. the results you see from the photo. help me please

to make the keystore file I used this string:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -sigalg SHA1withRSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

changing the data my-relase-key and alias_name

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

After u press enter it should prompt u to enter the password again at least that how it works with me

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited October 2014

try this

keytool -genkey -v -keystore name.keystore -alias aliasname -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 100000

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

no guys i also tried this other string. it may be that there is a difference between Android Package Name and alias name?

help, please

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Put in your password and click on generate keystore. You do have a keystore? If not, video below

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon