***Splash Screen not showing up on iP5

iKlazzyiKlazzy Member, PRO Posts: 71
edited October 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hey guys. I just am finalizing my new game.. haven't published yet since ios8 and the new game salad updates. In the publisher, the option we have now is to put an ip6+ splash screen size, and then it says that GS will scale it down for the ip6 and ip5. Well I just built my game for the ip5 and it showed up black.

Anyone else have this issue or have a solution? Thanks

p.s. this is a universal build project and images are uploaded for the ip6+, ip4, and iPad sizes under publishing.

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Someone else reported the same issue a few days back. Have you tried it with the current Release Candidate 12.9?

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

If the custom loading screen shows black with four 1 pixel dots on each corner, then yup, that's my problem as well. I haven't tried 12.8 yet so I can't comment. I've used 0.11.1.11.

• iKlazzyiKlazzy Member, PRO Posts: 71

@raycur09 said:
    Someone else reported the same issue a few days back. Have you tried it with the current Release Candidate 12.9?

Would the builds of GS matter? I'm gonna try RC 12.9 right now. But I just feel like it's a publishing issue

edited October 2014

Here is the screen I am getting instead of a splash screen. for some reason it does not show the red dots.. but this a direct screen shot from the device

• jamies15-3jamies15-3 Member Posts: 94

Hey all, this is an issue with the signed .app package, if you look inside it you can see theDefault-568h@2x.png image is just black, hopefully there will be a fix soon i believe its and @2x and @3x issue.

@jamies15-3 said:
    Hey all, this is an issue with the signed .app package, if you look inside it you can see theDefault-568h@2x.png image is just black, hopefully there will be a fix soon i believe its and 2x and 3x issue.

Yeah I hope it get's fixed quickly. It's at a bad time for my game right now. Can apps be submitted with black splash screens?

• VoiceExpressVoiceExpress Member, PRO Posts: 102

Im Having the same problem, Just get a Black Screen as the Splash Screen, Anyone know if this is going to be fixed quickly ? (I've heard that apple reject apps if there is a black loading screen)

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

I had that but Apple did not reject my app. It is fixed in the latest stable release 12.