GameSalad on Linux

mbitr2d2mbitr2d2 EnglandMember Posts: 14

Hi, everyone!

I have seen a couple of posts on trying to get Gamesalad working on Linux, but nothing that is very helpful.

I have Windows 7 at home, but the only way i can sneak onto GS whilst at work is to use a Linux machine, however i can't get GS to work on the Linux machine. I have tried using wine, but it doesn't work.

Has anyone been successful or have any tips on what i can try? Or am i wasting my time and I should just try to work from home more? :smile:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited October 2014

I am a big fan of linux and i have a ubuntu computer I use here (at the GS office) from time to time. However the Windows version is in WPF and .NET. I know mono does not support WPF so I think that might be a dead end. On the other side the mac version is in modern objective-c and i know of no way of getting that to run on linux. With our cross platform creator Linux is a platform that I have been pushing that we support. However it would be great if our user who want support for linux would speak up so we know how many use this would help. I would suggest submitting a feature request in our public bug database and get others to vote on it.

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870

I remember a discussion about this a while back. Programs like Wineskin won't even let it work. I imagine because of the .NET stuff. Nobody has been able to get GameSalad to run on Linux yet, so, like BlackCloakGS said, the only hope is to make a suggestion in the public bug database, and hope it gets enough support for GameSalad to look into it.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

There is better things to look into than supporting linux. It would be a waste of resources/manpower in my opinion.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• mbitr2d2mbitr2d2 EnglandMember Posts: 14

Thanks for the advice guys. For me, accessing via Linux would be nice, but not a necessity, however with the price of Macs and Windows software maybe there would be demand for it.
    I don't think it would be a waste of resources or manpower if the demand is there or if it would get more people interested in using GS.