Making games for younger markets

Do any of you make games for the 2-7 year old market? I'm wondering how you feel about ads displayed in your games? As a consumer, I hate it. If the game is free and I hand the tablet to my 3 year old and walk away for 5 minutes I come back and the tablet is locked up and 10+ things are downloading in the background. I'm much happier to check out a lite version and if it keeps her interested buy a version without ads.

I had always assumed that I would release with ads, now that I have 15 lvls completed and have adhoc tested for windows 8 I'm torn again. The project is coming to completion and the closer I get to deadline the more I'm stuck on what to do. I've read the free vs paid threads over and again, but I am really no closer to a decision. As an adult I don't mind ads in my games, but I do mind the never-ending downloads of overly-excited small fingers.

Completely unrelated to thread title: Did anyone else realize only after adhoc testing that you did not put in an exit screen?
On the bright side I have several pint sized testers running through my hallways screaming "boo-YAH" so I think I did something right.