Stable Release - Macintosh GameSalad Creator 0.12.10

1235»

Comments

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
    edited November 2014

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Update. I have been looking into the memory issues yesterday and today. The creator one seem to caused by preview not clean it self up. I have almost gotten all the leaks plug with that. The engine one that some user are seeing I am still looking into.

Is the new IAP system supported by iOS6? If not, can/when will we have the option to select iOS7 as the minimum requirement when publishing?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited November 2014

It should
    if not let us know.
    I just checked the web publishing page and iOS 7 and 8 are on there for min requirement options.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@BlackCloakGS said:
    It should
    if not let us know.
    I just checked the web publishing page and iOS 7 and 8 are on there for min requirement options.

I see it as an option now--thank you! :D

• paisleyroadpaisleyroad Member Posts: 5

I selected IOS 8 as a minimum requirement for my game, published it, and uploaded the build to Itunes Connect. When I check the build details in Itunes Connect for my game it says IOS 5 for system requirements. Any ideas what I did wrong?

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

I recently bought a Macbook Air (Mid 2011), which came with Yosemite on it. Quite a lovely OS, but... Game Salad 0.11.03 (which is the build I'm still sticking with) was very jerky when scrolling, and the builds I sent to device just crashed out.

So I've reverted to OSX 10.8.5, and everything seems to be pretty good. :)

I know this isn't specifically related to 0.12.10, but thought I'd post my findings anyway... seems like Yosemite has brought some changes that don't interact well with GS. But I'm sure you'll have it fixed up in no time! Keep it up. :)

• sysadssysads Member Posts: 146

@Hymloe said:
    I recently bought a Macbook Air (Mid 2011), which came with Yosemite on it. Quite a lovely OS, but... Game Salad 0.11.03 (which is the build I'm still sticking with) was very jerky when scrolling, and the builds I sent to device just crashed out.

So I've reverted to OSX 10.8.5, and everything seems to be pretty good. :)

I know this isn't specifically related to 0.12.10, but thought I'd post my findings anyway... seems like Yosemite has brought some changes that don't interact well with GS. But I'm sure you'll have it fixed up in no time! Keep it up. :)

Ah thanks for the info, I too just bought a mac and left it as Yosemite and have noticed similar behaviors. For now I will leave as is because I use Windows version since its easier to work with and I just transfer project to mac for the ads.

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

Hi I have just updated to the new 12.10 does this now support the REVMOB banner ads?
    would be a massive plus, if not when is this scheduled to make an entry

(site currently under construction)
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2014

@ryanavent‌ Revmob isn't supported yet but Admob is at the top of the feature request list. Maybe you'd like to vote for it? Just go to the Bug database: http://bugs.gamesalad.com

• sysadssysads Member Posts: 146

sorry for the repeated question. Which ad banner is supported and on what version and platform?

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@PhilipCC said:
    ryanavent‌ Revmob isn't supported yet but Admob is at the top of the feature request list. Maybe you'd like to vote for it? Just go to the Bug database: http://bugs.gamesalad.com

I think I have Revmob in one of my games. If it's not supported, that would be odd. : P

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Any ETA on a new stable build?

I'm actually keen to upgrade to a really nice stable build (preferably with memory improvements), but I'm sticking with 0.11.03 until that comes out. :)

PS: Can I still publish using 0.11.03 until then (will it actually go through a 0.11.03 version on the publishing server, or does it just get pushed through some other newer build with it's own issues?) -> I think we really need to have live publishing servers for each individual version of GS, running back quite a long way. :)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Hymloe said:
    Any ETA on a new stable build?
    I think we really need to have live publishing servers for each individual version of GS, running back quite a long way. :)

Like a retirement home for the oldies.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• mc99093mc99093 Member, PRO Posts: 133

I believe you can still publish 0.11.03

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Lovejoy said:
    Like a retirement home for the oldies.

Yeah, like the ones that have all their faculties and have not succumbed to dementia. >:)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited December 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌ - Just did an adhoc test and some of my graphics (black with half transparency) shows up black on the device. The first picture is how the image is supposed to look like, second image is what I'm seeing (but simulated in PS).

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Braydon_SFX said:
    BlackCloakGS‌ - Just did an adhoc test and some of my graphics (black with half transparency) because black on the device. The first picture is how the image is supposed to look like, second image is what I'm seeing (but simulated in PS).

Add one pixel of color to the image and test it again. See if it shows correctly.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una