How to Save the game

Hi,

I want to make " Continue " button on main menu That the player can complete his game from where he saved the game

and " save " button on pause scene .

So i created an actor and name it save the game When pressed .. Save attribute - game score and health

Then in main menu inside " continue " button i did

When touch is pressed

Load attribute - game score or health

Okey this work well

But what should to do to make a scene change to the scene that the player saved the game in ?

cuz i have many levels so many scenes ?!

any one can help ?

Comments

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

If you have an attribute that represent what level the player is on, save and load that attribute.

• ikadikad Member Posts: 58

@MattButlerStudios said:
    If you have an attribute that represent what level the player is on, save and load that attribute.

Do u mean i have to make attributes on each level so i can use it to go to the saved level

I 'll try this .. Thank u :)

• wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248
    edited October 2014

Hai @ikad,
    This is reference

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

You wouldn't need to make a new attribute unless you don't already have one. How are you determining what level the user is on? For instance if the player is at the main menu and wants to go to level 5, how would he get there. Create a level select menu and incorporate the saved level attribute to save the current level (or scene) of the player.

• ikadikad Member Posts: 58

@wolala123 said:
    Hai ikad,
    This is reference

@MattButlerStudios said:
    You wouldn't need to make a new attribute unless you don't already have one. How are you determining what level the user is on? For instance if the player is at the main menu and wants to go to level 5, how would he get there. Create a level select menu and incorporate the saved level attribute to save the current level (or scene) of the player.

Thank you all this helped me alot .. :)