Copyrights Question

HbkmadnessHbkmadness Member, PRO Posts: 35

Ok let's say I buy an image from a website. The image would be bought with Standart Licence. That means :

Standard License(default with all content)

•You may use our content in newsletters, magazines, and advertising / promotional material, business cards, letterhead, promotional posters, billboards, and brochures; all of up to 500,000 reproductions.

•You may use our content on your website, video presentations, and multimedia displays.

•You can not use our content as your legal logo, or as part of products for resale.

•You may not redistribute or re-sell our content in any way.

Now if I use the image in an app that is free and uses only ads for making money would this be legal with this license ?

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Given that you type of content is not listed I would say no. Esp when they limit the amount of flyers you could use it on. The best an only legal way you should use this product us to contact the seller directly and seek permission.

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

•You may use our content in newsletters, magazines, and advertising / promotional material, business cards, letterhead, promotional posters, billboards, and brochures; all of up to 500,000 reproductions.

•You may use our content on your website, video presentations, and multimedia displays.

•You can not use our content as your legal logo, or as part of products for resale.

•You may not redistribute or re-sell our content in any way.

Now if I use the image in an app that is free and uses only ads for making money would this be legal with this license ?

I would say that it should be ok to use it in your app. You aren't redistributing as your own and you are not selling the image.

Like @gingagaming said, contact the seller and ask permission. It never hurts to ask.