App rejected, what does it mean?

TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388
edited October 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)

"We found that your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines."

I know we put ad functionality in. We created an ad object that appears throughout the game, did i miss a step?

Best Answer

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Posts: 2,250
    edited November 2014 Accepted Answer

I confim as well. iAds do not use the ad identifier.

Answers

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388
    edited October 2014

To add more details to this. I use Chartboost and iAds. The iAds are a regular banner ad at the bottom of each screen. The chartboost ads are interstitial ads (and a startup is checked too) on a timer to appear every 5 level clears. Chartboost showed a single install, which I assume is the tester, since i created this specific campaign the day i submitted the app.

I didnt think i missed any steps. Im a bit frantic because I'm actually on a bit of a deadline, so please, if anyone has an thought, please chime in.

• wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248

do you tick Advertising Identifier?

Im fairly sure I did, where can I double check?

Also ,is it supposed to be on or off?

i not sure can't double check not..but make tick it and not forgot when web publishing remember put your app id on Chartboost.

edited October 2014

Ive done that. Chartboost registers it and recognizes an install, as noted. But again, where do i check it?

Wait, doesn't the rejection notice flat out say its checked? Now im confused.

You mean Advertising Identifier?

Yes. see? "We found that your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality"

Advertising Identifier show before submit for review, so you resubmit it then only can see it.

I give you simple apply ads process, ok? See that whether you got miss it.

Ok, i appreciate youre trying to assist me, but I am sorry, I do not understand what you are advising.

edited October 2014
    1. log in pro account.
    2. tick enable adverstiment
    3. on web publishing, copy app id and app signature from Chartboost account.
    4. web publishing-example iphone platform, tick Chartboost under Interstitial Ads
    5. apple account- Advertising Identifier click Yes
    6. click ads within the app and i declare ......

Hope it can help you

Here's the tragedy. I dont have an apple device available to test the ads right now. Is chartboost's information on their site that they read an install yesterday enough proof?

Oic.I suggest use 0.12.10 to publish. What the proof you mean to?

Ad-hoc is testing everything includes ads to make sure runs well. SInce you don't have device, you can just publish it, it just hope everything is ok. ;)

Sigh, is it only chartboost that needs the ad identifier? iAds arent the problem?

Ya. iAds not need ad identifier. :)

Can i get a confirmation on that? Im not doubting you, i just want at least another voice to confirm that, just to be as safe as possible. Anyone else able to confirm that if i click off the ad functionality, ill be ok with the iAds?

sure can, it just my opinion and experience. may be i miss out or wrong. :D

my android build wont play chartboost either, evne on the start up. does anyone have knowledge on chartboost that i can figure out what im missing?

ok, correction, now my android worked. i went in and launched a new campaign, and then rebuilt the apk. does the campaign have to be launched before you make the app file? im sorry for all the double posting, i really am. But im trying so VERY hard to solve this as fast as possible, so im trying a lot of things WHILE asking for advice.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Tosanu I can confirm quite definitely that iADs do not need an ad identifier.

Thanks all. I managed to solve it myself, though I'm not ENTIRELY sure why. For some reason, Chartboost didnt integrate until i generated the app again.