How to make a game trailer?

jesster2k10jesster2k10 Member Posts: 44

i really need help on making a game trailer. I'm not so good at it

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

You can hire somebody to do a trailer for you, but it may be wise to learn how to do it yourself so you can do it for all of your future games. I use Reflector App to record my footage, then I use iMovie or another editor to put it all together.

• jesster2k10jesster2k10 Member Posts: 44

@Braydon_SFX said:
    You can hire somebody to do a trailer for you, but it may be wise to learn how to do it yourself so you can do it for all of your future games. I use Reflector App to record my footage, then I use iMovie or another editor to put it all together.

I really want an eye catching one I have After Effects but am lost with what to do in it. Hiring somebody is like 500$ and thats expensive after buying a 1.1K imac, 99$ Developer's Lisence and soon Gamesalad Pro so do you have any tips?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@jesster2k10 said:
    I really want an eye catching one I have After Effects but am lost with what to do in it. Hiring somebody is like 500$ and thats expensive after buying a 1.1K imac, 99$ Developer's Lisence and soon Gamesalad Pro so do you have any tips?

If money is the issue, you can try fiverr.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Here's a trailer I did with Reflector App and iMovie. It's not the best trailer in the business, but I think it's pretty darn good for spending only a few dollars on Reflector.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I am a freelance Gamesalad Developer and can also modify After Effect Templates. I have done a few trailers for members here on the forums. Here is my personal thread with regards hire:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/68613/freelance-gamesalad-developer-for-hire-to-modify-templates-build-full-games-tweeks-bug-fixing

Here is an example of 2 templates merged into one. If you want a template modified, contact me on damien@gingagaming.com or PM me and Ill let you know how much it will cost you depending on the template you choose and the amount of work needed.

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Here's a trailer I did with Reflector App and iMovie. It's not the best trailer in the business, but I think it's pretty darn good for spending only a few dollars on Reflector.

]I quite like it. I have an ide now! thanks!!!

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

For anybody reading this who wants to look at some of the templates I can modify for them can do so by searching this website. This site is also great for game assets being art or sounds too!

http://videohive.net

@Braydon_SFX‌ @gingagaming‌
    I made one my self with Camtasia, VideoScribe and After Effects CS6! Do you guys like it?