How will my app look?

jesster2k10jesster2k10 Member Posts: 44

I was wondering how would my app present on a new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus or the 5s with the iPhone landscape template. I have built the app and is close to completing it so I would definetley not want to make an entirey new project. Will my ap be HD? I have a consern due to the gamesalad iPhone portrait dimensions being 480x320 whereas the new iPhone is more than double that.

Thanks

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Have you been making your artwork 'twice' the size of the actor is is applied to ? For example a 100 x 100 pixel actor would have a 200 pixel x 200 pixel image, how you been working like that ?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited October 2014

@jesster2k10 said:
    I was wondering how would my app present on a new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus or the 5s with the iPhone landscape template. I have built the app and is close to completing it so I would definetley not want to make an entirey new project. Will my ap be HD? I have a consern due to the gamesalad iPhone portrait dimensions being 480x320 whereas the new iPhone is more than double that.

Thanks

This would all depend on what resolution you have made the art that you have imported to the project. Personally if I was making a project in 480x320 for whatever reason, I would make the art 4 times the size of the actor if wanting to support HD on newer devices.

Certainly twice the size like socks said to suport mobiles but 4 times the size to support iphone 6 or tablets.

• dapiondapion Member, PRO Posts: 353

@gingagaming said:
    Personally if I was making a project in 480x320 for whatever reason, I would make the art 4 times the size of the actor if wanting to support HD on newer devices.

did you have four individual graphics for an actor? and how you named your graphics so that they can be assigned to the actor?

edited October 2014

@dapion said:
    did you have four individual graphics for an actor? and how you named your graphics so that they can be assigned to the actor?

A single graphic but twice or 4 times the size of the actor. So if the actor is 100x100 the graphic would be 200x200 or 400x400 depending on what device you are supporting.

As for naming, name them what you want it doesnt matter. Although this will change in future updates but im not going there, there are lengthy threads already on this.

• jesster2k10jesster2k10 Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2014

@Socks said:
    Have you been making your artwork 'twice' the size of the actor is is applied to ? For example a 100 x 100 pixel actor would have a 200 pixel x 200 pixel image, how you been working like that ?

Each file I import I have a small, medium, large resoulution so I think I do

edited October 2014

@jesster2k10 said:
    Each file I import I have a small, medium, large resoulution so I think I do

You only need to import one file, importing three sizes will just make your project bigger than it needs to be.

Do you know how large the images you are using are compared to the actors they are placed on ?

@Socks said:
    Do you know how large the images you are using are compared to the actors they are placed on ?

Yes for all of them, Most are downscaled to a good looking resolution to my eyes :smile:

@jesster2k10 said:
    Yes for all of them, Most are downscaled to a good looking resolution to my eyes.

Where do they look good . . . on your computer . . . or on your iPhone/iPad/Android ?

Can you say - in numbers !! :smile: how large the images are compared to the actors ?

For example:

I have a 80 x 80 pixel actor, the image on this actor is 200 x 200 pixels . . . if you can give us that information we can answer your question for you.

@Socks said:
    I have a 80 x 80 pixel actor, the image on this actor is 200 x 200 pixels . . . if you can give us that information we can answer your question for you.

I have a FullHD (1920x1080) Background but scaled it to an appropriate looking size and testing on my computer ehich has a 720p resolution

@jesster2k10 said:
    I have a FullHD (1920x1080) Background but scaled it to an appropriate looking size and testing on my computer ehich has a 720p resolution

Can you say in numbers 'scaled it to an appropriate looking size'

Ok, 'appropriate looking size' isn't much use, and also you are asking what your app will look like on an iPhone 6 / 6+, so the resolution of your computer monitor isn't really irrelvant.

Anyhow I can't force you to give me information you don't want to, and I'm not going to torture you until you finally breakdown and reveal the information, lol :D so best of luck with the game !

@Socks said:
    Anyhow I can't force you to give me information you don't want to, and I'm not going to torture you until you finally breakdown and reveal the information, lol :D so best of luck with the game !

Thanks but one more thing will it be scaled down to a resolution suitable to the iPhone 6/Plus

@jesster2k10 said:
    Thanks but one more thing will it be scaled down to a resolution suitable to the iPhone 6/Plus

The resolution will be looking appropriately suitable for the resolution of the appropriate size of the image of the actor's resolution, but just to be safe I would scale all your images of your actor's images either up or down depending on the suitability of the actor's image resolution on a suitably scaled image and/or iPhone6 or 6+ or computer monitor screen/scene resolution/s.

@Socks said:
    The resolution will be looking appropriately suitable for the resolution of the appropriate size of the image of the actor's resolution, but just to be safe I would scale all your images of your actor's images either up or down depending on the suitability of the actor's image resolution on a suitably scaled image and/or iPhone6 or 6+ or computer monitor screen/scene resolution/s.

Im suprised you lasted this long socks!

I bet @jesster2k10‌ is good at the Yes/No game :D

@gingagaming said:
    I bet jesster2k10‌ is good at the Yes/No game :D

:smile:

• a7medo778a7medo778 Member, PRO Posts: 119

conatcted :#