Hello (GS) World!

ryastryast Member Posts: 145

Hello everyone!

My name is Rya and I'm brand spanking new here :)
I'm interested in making some simple games and was recommended GS.

I have a background in programming and had made an Android game in the past using Java+ADT etc

I just downloaded the GS creator ... and already I have a question!
I just downloaded the creator and was thinking of going through the examples but when I opened the creator I only have an option for iphone/kindle etc but nothing for Android.

I dont own an iphone, just an Android phone... how do test it on my Android phone?

Cheers!
R

Comments

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Welcome to GS...I'm fairly certain without purchasing GS "Pro" you cannot sign or build to test on an Android. You can only use the GS viewer, simulator or publish to arcade as a work in progress to see how your game plays...obviously this is not on the device as you would like.

• ryastryast Member Posts: 145

Aha!
    Thanks for the reply!

Well, that sucks a bit but still am happy because it means that at least there is nothing wrong with my installation :)

It's going to take me a while to learn how to use the basic interface so no hurry to put it into my phone if I can at least test it out in the "GS player".

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, or with any advise, links or anything else - im new so any suggestions welcome!

Cheers!