My (New) App Trailer!

Hey Guys!

This is my New App trailer for an app I'm making called candy toss. Visit http://candytoss.launchrock.com for info on the app and more details.

Well here it is!

Hop You guys like it! I do! Feel free to speak your mind down in the comments on the thread or the video!

Thanks fro Reading!

Comments

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Love the artwork and general look/music etc. I think it just takes an awful long time to get to the gameplay. Just my opinion :)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Wow you need to cut out all that drawing stuff. Get to the point with your trailer. Should be in the one minute range. Think commercial. Like below. This is one of our trailers.

• jesster2k10jesster2k10 Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2014

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Wow you need to cut out all that drawing stuff. Get to the point with your trailer. Should be in the one minute range. Think commercial. Like below. This is one of our trailers.

Yeah I'm making another one. Here goes 2 days

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Got to agree with the Guru, the focus of any game trailer should be the game, not extra stuff. When I watch a game trailer I want to see actual game play so I know what I'm going to get.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Great concept for trailer. You have 7 seconds before I click and move on. Game sooner and more of it please.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

It was a nice video, but I have to agree with the others about shortening the video. People have the attention span of a gnat most the time.

Just another thing I wanted to point out. I have no idea how it will turn out, but you may have to deal with the tyrant company King, over the use of Candy. All I would suggest is have a back up plan just in case lol.

@FallacyStudios said:
    It was a nice video, but I have to agree with the others about shortening the video. People have the attention span of a gnat most the time.

Just another thing I wanted to point out. I have no idea how it will turn out, but you may have to deal with the tyrant company King, over the use of Candy. All I would suggest is have a back up plan just in case lol.

I dont think it's simular to candy crush really

• sebmat86sebmat86 Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2014

I think @FallacyStudios‌ first and foremost meant the word "Candy" and probably also the gameplay. But check this out so you have an idea about the word "Candy" when it comes to the developer King and their franchise:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01/21/game-developer-king-now-owns-the-trademark-on-the-word-candy-in-games-and-clothing/

I really liked the trailer. Very good. I wouldn't have put it as harshly as @The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ did, but yeah, I do agree, maybe a bit shorter with more gameplay and showing the game a bit sooner! :D

Otherwise, keep it up!

/Seb @ Venerable Rain

This is why I never usually comment on stuff I see needs improvement. He said speak your mind so I did. I wasn't rude just to the point and or honest. My mistake for bothering to give honest opinions. This is why when you see a thread where someone asks for honest feedback on a crappy game no one posts. This isn't directed at jesster but most people really don't want honest feedback, they just want you to say their project is as awesome as they think it is. Without honest feedback you gain no outside views to help one shape their project in a solid direction. This is why I have people I ask for honest even brutal feedback and who know i won't get defensive and value that kind of input. In our last beta we got good honest feedback and implemented many of the recommended changes. Better to get the bad news now among peers than from your target audience and trust me they won't be so generous in their reviews.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

This is why I never usually comment on stuff I see needs improvement. He said speak your mind so I did. I wasn't rude just to the point and or honest. My mistake for bothering to give honest opinions. This is why when you see a thread where someone asks for honest feedback on a crappy game no one posts. This isn't directed at jesster but most people really don't want honest feedback, they just want you to say their project is as awesome as they think it is. Without honest feedback you gain no outside views to help one shape their project in a solid direction. This is why I have people I ask for honest even brutal feedback and who know i won't get defensive and value that kind of input. In our last beta we got good honest feedback and implemented many of the recommended changes. Better to get the bad news now among peers than from your target audience and trust me they won't be so generous in their reviews.

Hit the nail on the head Dave. +1 Agree and the reason why I dont leave comments on such threads.

Yeah, fair enough. I really do get your point there. And I agree. But correct me if Im wrong, an honest opinion can be given in a kind way. Don´t you think people would want to listen to what you have to say if you also encourage them?

So I really didn´t mean to discourage you from giving your honest opinion, but to encourage you to deliver the punch with boxing gloves rather than with brass knuckles. Not everyone is a street thug, you know. :smiley:

All good,
    /Seb

edited November 2014

I give up. I'm going to play candy land.

I'm going to play candy land.

Haven't played that one. Looks sweet though...

Cheers

edited November 2014

I give up. I'm going to play candy land.

I appreciate the honest feedback. I hate when people just fake it because it really does no help. The app needs improvent. I am an indie game developer doing this myself and I know it. Many people never gve their honest opinion but I'm glad you did. If people feel the app is bad or whatever and wont share then how can I get it better? That is why everything I do with my app I post about it because I need to make it the best I can and hear what users are thinking of it. If I have never asked for feedback the only god knows what could have happened now and that is one thing many developers push aside. Feedback. Because feedback is what your useres want and what they think. If you do what you want some people may not agree and hate it. I work so hard on this and want it to be successfull and hat is why every crappy, awsome, major, minor change I make I ask for feedback to see what people want and think to make it the best it can get. Anyways Thanks

Unfortunately you are the exception around here. I totally agree with what you said. I have been accused many times of being critical for daring to "tell it like I see it" there is great value in honest feedback. As a creative person learn to take constructive criticism without taking it personally. Use that valuable info to make your project better.

I give up. I'm going to play Hitman GO.

Unfortunately you are the exception around here. I totally agree with what you said. I have been accused many times of being critical for daring to "tell it like I see it" there is great value in honest feedback. As a creative person learn to take constructive criticism without taking it personally. Use that valuable info to make your project better.

feedback is gold and is needed