Would I be able to create.....

A game like fractured soul (for the 3DS)? It would be a landscape split screen adventure/puzzle/shooter game where a person kills opponents on one side, and is running, and the ghost is doing the same on the other screen, and you can switch between the screens to avoid potential hazards, projectiles, and more.

Do you guys think that this would be possible with enough work?

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited November 2014

Yes but I'm not sure it would work so well because you won't have the screen space on say an iPhone 5 compared to a 3DS with its 2 screens so it may not work in that sense because the player won't be able to see enough of the upcoming scene?

Maybe for the vertical climbing sections the user could rotate their device to portrait mode?

I guess you could spent 30 minutes and make a quick prototype to see?

Darren.

• ILikeTrains2413ILikeTrains2413 Member Posts: 6

Also, is there any tutorials/any resources that I could use to create my project?

Thanks!
    Trains Are Amazing!

• ILikeTrains2413ILikeTrains2413 Member Posts: 6

Well, I'd make the game for the iPad for sure, but for the iPhone is the real question. I guess that would mean I would have to make the iPhone version portrait, even though you cant see that much ahead. I guess it would make it more interesting and complicated.