Chartboost is not showing real info for me.

MalkovichMalkovich Member, PRO Posts: 116

Hi guys, my problem is that Chartboost is not showing real analytics info, and as a result i am not getting revenue from ads. For testing purposes i asked friends and family who installed games from the ads in my game (i checked this), but then when I check the analytics from Chartboost I see no installs even days after. What´s wrong with Chartboost? I can see other analytics like impressions, clicks and other info, but no installs... Did you notice this issue in your own games? What should i do to solve this? (srry my english is not so good...)

Thanks for your comments.

Comments

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

I would contact them directly, my experience is that they are very helpfull and quite fast at responding. Give the info you gave here and they will look into it.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited November 2014

Based on what you wrote, if i understood right is that your friends and family are clicking ads in your game and downloading them correct? I would like to point out that it can be considered fraud, if chartboost gets wind of this they may end up banning you and forfeiting profits.

Now onto the question, chartboost can sometimes be slow to update its analytics. But if it doesn't show even days after the install, then i would think that they spotted something fishy by tracking where the download are coming from. You can try to contact Chartboost support for a definitive answer, i would not mention anything about your friends and family clicking yours ads though.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• MalkovichMalkovich Member, PRO Posts: 116

@Lovejoy said:
    Based on what you wrote, if i understood right is that your friends and family are clicking ads in your game and downloading them correct? I would like to point out that it can be considered fraud, if chartboost gets wind of this they may end up banning you and forfeiting profits.

Now onto the question, chartboost can sometimes be slow to update its analytics. But if it doesn't show even days after the install, then i would think that they spotted something fishy by tracking where the download are coming from. You can try to contact Chartboost support for a definitive answer, i would not mention anything about your friends and family clicking yours ads though.

Yes @Lovejoy‌, as you says, i ask my friends and family to install a game from ads to check if Chartboost is working properly just for testing purposes, there is nothing suspicious, they´re not clicking ads all day nor installing a lots of games on their phones, let´s say one install by person, i don´t think this is considered fraud, just a normal use of an app.
    Thanks for your answer and suggestion.

• frank067frank067 Member Posts: 56

Same here, I'm submitting a upgrade to remove the ads and add Apple's ads because it keep crashing the game

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

On your dashboard, are the SDK icons all green? If not, you're app isn't connect correctly. So check the App ID etc all match whats on your gamesalad publishing side

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• MalkovichMalkovich Member, PRO Posts: 116

@jigglybean said:
    On your dashboard, are the SDK icons all green? If not, you're app isn't connect correctly. So check the App ID etc all match whats on your gamesalad publishing side

Yes @jigglybean‌, icons are green and double check app ID and APP signature, in fact i can see all activity in my app, like impressions, clicks, CTR, etc. I'm worried because if you do some testing installs from ads they should appear in the Chartboost page, if not (my case), makes me think that maybe there are many Installs that are not delivering the revenue that should give, and that's a serious problem.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Chartboost has been odd these past few days. I just uploaded a new app and it states it has had 32 downloads but according to my Google play account, its only had 10 so far in 1 day. Its very strange but CB always makes adjustments.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon