Video ads???

klickinkklickink Member Posts: 35

Okay so I downloaded "Tiny Goalie" by Fat Fish Games in the featured games section. After a few plays a video ad popped up, I didn't think video ads are possible in game salad. My guess was that it became possible with the addition of third party ads. Anyone know how or if its possible (I'm assuming yes because I saw them) and if this is something we can do now in GS are there any videos or threads on how to set video ads up in your game.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I think Tiny goalie was created in a different engine. It was originally created in GS but was ported because the developer preferred the other engine.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Chartboost video ads work in our engine.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

In your chartboost campaign for the app, under Ad type choose video interstitial.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354
  • yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

I've read in other forums that it pays lower. But you'll have higher chances of install because it is more enticing (or annoying :# ) to the player. Remember they only pay for installs. No first hand experience though.

@phamtastic‌ @yattamove‌ I think video ads also pay per completed view, not a lot like 0.01 or so.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Rovio for example make you watch a full video before moving on to the next level, so does Cut the rope - so its something you could force, if your player likes your game. However, it could have an impact on engagement, so you will have to monitor it closely if you trial it

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206
    edited November 2014

I was running video interstials with chartboost and they work great. But, can we do the video reward option that chartboost offers? It asks you how many coins you want to reward your user for a video watch. I'm guessing gamesalad would have to add this feature under the pro tab.

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Didn't Apple 'outlaw' rewards for ad views in their latest TOS?

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@jamie_c said:

I think yes but why the big gaming companies are still using this system? and apple allows it.

There are at least 5 games on my tablet with reward option.

unfair.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

I turn on Video Ads on my game but it seems the number of impression is way lower and the FILL RATE is less than 50% from what I can tell. Is it really worth video over static ads?

I'm going to trial both and see how it goes. Not publishing on Appstore yet, just Google Play and Amazon

What you can do now is something in the like of bitcoin billionaire where you can save yourself by viewing an ad. So example i lost the match, a prompt pops up "go back to main menu" or "watch a video to continue". If the hit watch a video to continue just use a pause behavior to show the video ad and then go back to game.

It can also be used the same way as a reward video. The video will show and whatever reward you wanted is added.

The only problem is that i believe it pays low, like $0.01 per completed view. So it may not be worth it being used this way. Its for you to decide.

If its as low as you say in terms of money, then video ads aren't worth it, and you'll probably end up losing players. Rovio and Cut the Rope have them, so they must generate some revenue, and I doubt that 0.01x5 million players is a risk worth taking with games that are so addictive.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@jamie_c said:

Some messages explains this situation,in summary apple listening to the promise of large companies.

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/120226-rewarded-video-ads.html#latest

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206

I think the type of reward for video that chartboost allows is ok by Apple. What Apple banned is incentivised download walls that used to be around in pre 2012. Where you would get in game coins to download free apps... Maybe they will buckle down on in game rewards for video watches or maybe they should just add in to iads and make some more money.

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE