Coin System

Hi Everyone,
I have a coin system set up to every time a coin is collected game.score goes to game.score+1, but what I want is for these coins collected to be put into an overall "wallet" or "money" system that can buy things in the store I've set up, right now they just add to the high score but I want them to be able to buy things.

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Just use the high score to buy things, it's all just numbers.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm guessing that you have other things that add to the score besides the coins. If so, make a separate attribute called game.coins and only add the coins to that attribute. Then add the other scores to game.score so that you keep them separate.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If you decide to reject an answer, it helps us to know why. Can you explain a bit more about what you're trying to do or -- for example -- why my suggestion didn't answer your question?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@tatiang said:
    If you decide to reject an answer, it helps us to know why.

Agreed, it helps people offer alternative solutions to know why answer A or B didn't work out.

• ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405