Score system

Hello,
My game has a scoring system where you collect a coin and the score becomes game.score+1. When you finish the game, your score is tallied on the post game screen and the highest score scored in the game is posted on the main menu. On the post game screen it has a play again button and at the moment if you press this button it goes back to the game as it was before, same score and no lives left, how do I reset the play scene without losing the score on the post score/main menu screens?

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You need to manually reset each attribute. So for example, if you are changing scene, right before the Change Scene behavior, you would have something like Change Attribute game.score to 0 and Change Attribute game.lives to 3.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Brittg2000Brittg2000 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014

Ok I've got it to reset the game screen but as the score is on the post game screen as well, that also resets the post game score to zero.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Brittg2000 said:
    Ok I've got it to reset the game screen but as the score is on the post game screen as well, that also resets the post game score to zero.

Transfer/copy the post game score to somewhere safe, like another attribute, so it doesn't get reset . . .

I just tried copying it to another attribute but it isn't working, The score on the post score screen still shows up with a 0.

If I try using a change attribute behaviour as a reset button and for Attribute I have game.total score what do I put it to?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Can you post a screenshot or a list of the exact rules you're using to copy and reset those behaviors?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User