Scene malfunction

When I am using the change scene move it goes to the wrong scene. And I have already tried to delete the rule and create a new one. And I have checked to make sure the scenes are named correctly

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Got to be an error in your behaviors but I can't say what exactly since I don't know what they are. Simply choose the scene you want to go to from the drop down menu. It works every time for me.

• myu699myu699 Member Posts: 96

I have checked it multiple times. At first I thought it was just a problem with the preview but when I published it, it still skips the scene. In the preview, it shows that it goes to the menu scene but it automatically passes over it and it doesn't display the image.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited November 2014

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Any chance you can post a link to download your project and/or send it via PM? Be sure to compress it as a .zip file before uploading it to a file-sharing site.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

I got it to work, but there is one problem. I have one scene called menu that has an actor "Start" that when pressed it goes to the game. This works. But when I click on another actor that goes to the back to the menu scene and I click "Start" I just go back to the previous scene. It works the first time then it just messes up.

The point is that without seeing your rules, there is no way we can help you. Just describing what isn't working isn't enough to troubleshoot your game.

Imagine if I said to you, "I'm making a game and when I click on the green goblin the platform doesn't raise all the way. What's wrong?" You'd have no idea how to help me... but if I provided screenshots or the project file or at least a list of rules I was using, you'd know where to start to figure it out.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    "I'm making a game and when I click on the green goblin the platform doesn't raise all the way. What's wrong?"

Have you tried turning the platform off and then on again, if that doesn't work make sure your iPhone is the right way up.

Sorry this is a stupid question but how do you put screen shots in discussion? All there is are images but I dont know how to find the url

edited November 2014

I'm not sure if you can as a non-Pro member but there's usually a toolbar icon that looks like a page for inserting images. If not, then upload it to a file-sharing site and then post the URL here.

@Socks When I do it it doesn't work.

@tatiang said:
    Socks When I do it it doesn't work.

Yeah, I thought that would happen, you probably need to downgrade to GS 10.4 and Mountain Lion and then double the size of your artwork.

@myu699 said:
    Sorry this is a stupid question but how do you put screen shots in discussion? All there is are images but I dont know how to find the url

Go to http://tinypic.com . . . upload your image, it will spit out a link for you, take that link and then come back here and click on the little black page icon above, it will give you a box, paste the link in there.