FLUNKY - coming to the app store

evertevert Member Posts: 266
edited December 2014 in Announce Your Game!

Introducing flunky a small game but not as easy as it looks.
Soon free in the App Store.

I also have a little competition next to it. Starting at dec 10 until dec 20 2014.

I hope you guys like it, more soon.
Thanks

Comments

• Ed_PerkinEd_Perkin Midlands,UKMember Posts: 346
    edited December 2014

is it flappy Bird like? but i love the graphics:D

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Best of luck, cool T-Shirt btw :)

Darren.

• evertevert Member Posts: 266
    edited December 2014

Its different than flappybird! :)
    Its more a combination between redball on spikes en flappybird with a different moving system.

a bit of a delay there, app is still waiting for review! :(

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

Hey @evert‌, So I guess since today is the 10th and it's still in review will you push the competition starting date back for when it is released?

You could also send me a test build via test flight then I could have it on my device now and enter the competition. :p

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

Video please! I wanna see the game!

edited December 2014

hey there! finally my new app flunky came out today!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flunky/id946720365?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8

Download and play!
    (watch out!: its a bit stretched on iphone 4 and iphone 4s, working on update to fix that problem)

please let leave me your feedback en notes!

@evert said:

@evert; #homescreen #flunky

@KillerPenguinStudios‌ thanks for participating!

also the first stats are in, 235 downloads in the first 24hours, not bad i think?

please leave your feedback so i can make my game better and my future games to! :)
    thanks

Hey @evert,

Not a problem!!! Look forward to flaunting the shirt around and showing it off. ;)

There's just a few bugs I noticed when playing. They all occur when I am tapping the screen pretty fast. He does some weird things. Sometimes disappears and reappears on the opposite side immediately. Also, I feel that when tapping fast enough he should stay pretty much in the middle of the screen but instead he slowly drifts to either the top or bottom. Hope that makes since.

Minus those bugs, liking it! Congrats!!!

I know those bugs :/ but i have no idea how to fix those :( :disappointed:

edited December 2014

has anyone any idea how i can make a good recoding from my iphone for a small video about my game?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@KillerPenguinStudios‌ Do something with your emails :p

@evert said:
    has anyone any idea how i can make a good recoding from my iphone for a small video about my game?

If you have yosemite quicktime, its free and does a pretty good job.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy said:

great! thanks!
    the strange thing is, when i'm in my homescreen and go to the app, quicktime crashes, but when the app is already launched, it goes a lot batter and runs smoothly! :)

@Lovejoy said:
    KillerPenguinStudios‌ Do something with your emails :p

HAHAHA!!! It use to be worse. At 1 point I had over 96,000 emails. Have slowly cleared them up over time. LOL

@evert said:

Hey @evert‌,

I use reflector and I like it. You can try it out for free and the full license is only $12.99. Below is the link for it!

http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/

I made a short video in about 5min so its not really the best! :) but here it is!

@evert,

Looks good bro! One small thing I would fix because it kind of annoyed me, LOL unless you did it on purpose is fix the retry button art for it rotating. As it's rotating it goes up and down a tad bit. That's all so far. :p Again, that's just me!

@KillerPenguinStudios said:
    evert,

Looks good bro! One small thing I would fix because it kind of annoyed me, LOL unless you did it on purpose is fix the retry button art for it rotating. As it's rotating it goes up and down a tad bit. That's all so far. :p Again, that's just me!

Yeah i know this problem, its because of the arrow, it makes the .png file a little bit rectangle instead of a square. So it seems to jump the whole time.

there are a lot of small bugs in my game, but the biggest one is the universal build is not really universal. its stretched on iPhone legacy and ipad. But this will be for next month because apple just closed.

• wanegroupwanegroup Member, PRO Posts: 84

@evert - nice game! Just posted mine - https://homescreen.is/wanegroup

If you need help with the arrow png - just give me a shout - I had the same issue at first with a rotating triangle in my game.

Good luck with it!

iOS Apps/Games: Factoids | SkyGunner | TriSideX

@wanegroup said:
    evert - nice game! Just posted mine - https://homescreen.is/wanegroup

If you need help with the arrow png - just give me a shout - I had the same issue at first with a rotating triangle in my game.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for you participation!
    and i will contact you if needed with the arrow problem.
    First i need to fix the universal problems... :)

edited December 2014

I posted my game on touch arcade and i had some good feedback there about my game. But they asked for a 99cent remove ads option. What do you guys think?

Other things that need to be done for the next release:

Fixes need to be done:

• rotating replay button is a little bit off.

• game hero glitches when tapping to fast

• universal build is stretched on iphone 4 en ipad's

• automatic Game Center login does not really work. A lot of scores won't show up. I have 450 downloads and only 17players in the leaderboard, so thats a bit strange or is that normal?

• small minor bug fixes..

what needs to be added?:

• 99cent ad button?

• character choice?

• opening menu?

Thanks again!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I have 450 downloads and only 17players in the leaderboard, so thats a bit strange or is that normal?

In my experience that is normal. I suppose lots of players don't use Game Center.

@jamie_c said:
    In my experience that is normal. I suppose lots of players don't use Game Center.

So its not an automatic login problem and automatic post score problem?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Well I can't say for sure that there is no problem with your log in. My experience has been that with my 3 games that I am certain the log in is working fine, I have had the same experience. Many more downloads than people showing up on the leaderboards. I'm sure there are lots of reasons really, some people may download the game and never even open it... you just never know.

If you have tested your log in on enough devices that you feel it's working fine, I would rule that out.

I just downloaded the game and tried it out, its fun, nice job. I was logged in automatically when I touched the ranking button after playing the game. So I suppose if people played the game and never touched the ranking button to view scores, they would not be logged in and their scores would not be recorded.

You might consider forcing a log in at the start of the game, for example the first time the jump button is pressed or something so players are logged in as soon as the game starts instead of waiting until when/if they press the high score list button.

@jamie_c said:
    Well I can't say for sure that there is no problem with your log in. My experience has been that with my 3 games that I am certain the log in is working fine, I have had the same experience. Many more downloads than people showing up on the leaderboards. I'm sure there are lots of reasons really, some people may download the game and never even open it... you just never know.

If you have tested your log in on enough devices that you feel it's working fine, I would rule that out.

I just downloaded the game and tried it out, its fun, nice job. I was logged in automatically when I touched the ranking button after playing the game. So I suppose if people played the game and never touched the ranking button to view scores, they would not be logged in and their scores would not be recorded.

You might consider forcing a log in at the start of the game, for example the first time the jump button is pressed or something so players are logged in as soon as the game starts instead of waiting until when/if they press the high score list button.

Great feedback! seems like a good idea to do the login when they press the first jump!
    Thanks!

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@evert‌ 450 downloads and 17 on the leaderboard is not normal. At least from my experience. Should have at least 150 people showing on GC leaderboard. Check your code and test it on devices.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy said:
    evert‌ 450 downloads and 17 on the leaderboard is not normal. At least from my experience. Should have at least 150 people showing on GC leaderboard. Check your code and test it on devices.

Mmmmmm i'm looking at the gs project from my game, and i think i probably deleted it :/ So it only logs in when pressed the leaderboard function i think.

So fix number one is this one.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@evert it should at least 220 on the leaderboard if you have 450 downloads. There is statistic about that %50 of gamer use gamecenter all time.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

edited January 2015

Hi all! after 14days apple approved my little update! - 1.1 out now!
    Whats new?

• Automatic Game Center login (din't work last time)
    • I fixed some minor bugs
    • Some small design changes in the menu, and the replay button is not rotating anymore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flunky/id946720365?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8