Irregular shape bounding box

floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393

Iv'e been digging around in the forum and haven't found quite what I'm looking for on this...say I have a character falling down a hole...

he's bumping along colliding with the sides of the hole and there are tree branches or roots (like hands) sticking out every now and then.

Is there away to edit the bounding box around something like a branch so I can get a more convincing interaction with my Character?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

No, custom collisions in GS is not possible right now. Youd have to do a work around and drag more actors on the scene to position them to look like branches. They can be invisible, and just have your character collide with them

• floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393

Right Ok might take some work but I'll try it.Thanks

• floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/70967/change-the-size-of-a-collision-box

I found this post in the forums it looks like the best way to go...

• willkeslingwillkesling Member, PRO Posts: 123

You could make a straight branch that could randomly spawn other vertical branches off of it and get the desired collisions. This would also mean the branches could be different each time the player runs the level.

Let us know how this works.

I have a game where a character swings a sword and was getting a similar issue. So what I did is I made he sword a separate object. The player swings their sword ( animation frames ) at the same time I spawn the sword for a very short time. The result is I can use the spawned sword for the collision detection ( the sword has a smaller surface area than the player actor ) thus is somewhat of a work around to our circle or square collision shape challenge.