how to save and load scene?

hi everyone. i'm beginner in gamesalad and i want to ask how to make that the player will start the game from last scene he played. for example: if the player leave the game in level 2 when he close the game and enter the game again he will start from level 2 (if every diffrent scene is a new level.)

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited December 2014

@stueynet‌ has a great 2 part tutorial how to use Tables to control your levels, layout and how to lock and unlock saved levels.

Part Two is where you learn to lock/unlock tables

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• danul7danul7 Member Posts: 23

@jigglybean said:
    stueynet‌ has a great 2 part tutorial how to use Tables to control your levels, layout and how to lock and unlock saved levels.

@danul7 said:
    @jigglybean said:
    stueynet‌ has a great 2 part tutorial how to use Tables to control your levels, layout and how to lock and unlock saved levels.

in part 1at he use "loop over table behavior. and i dont have it. mybe you have more simple way ?like make a "continue" botton on the main menu?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited December 2014

If you only want the the level achieved saved that is much easier to do. See the videos on level systems over at GSHelper.

edited December 2014

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    If you only want the the level achieved saved that is much easier to do. See the videos on level systems over at GSHelper.

thanks for the help. i found this tutorial

and the problem is that he use the "index" behaviour (at 1:10)
    and i dont have it (i use windows ver). the seconds problem is that i dont want level select screen. i want to make a "continue" button on the main menu (the button will bring the player to the last level he played) i want this to make the feelling of one story. if its impossible to do a "continue" button its ok to make a level select scene.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I've never watched that tutorial so I can't offer any specific advice on it. However you can simply use an Integer Attribute in place of the Index Attribute. The only thing an Index does that an Integer doesn't is always remain positive.

@jamie_c said:
    I've never watched that tutorial so I can't offer any specific advice on it. However you can simply use an Integer Attribute in place of the Index Attribute. The only thing an Index does that an Integer doesn't is always remain positive.

thank i'll try it

I think you would benefit from my GSlogic series. It will empower you to be able to figure out simple logic like your looking for on your own. Check it out it will really help you grasp the concepts of GS.

I think you would benefit from my GSlogic series. It will empower you to be able to figure out simple logic like your looking for on your own. Check it out it will really help you grasp the concepts of GS.

thanks i'll try it

hi guys. i succesed to make a level select screen. if i close the game and start it agein its save my place in the game. but if i close the program Completely and open it agein its start from level 1. its ok?. if the game will be downloadble or in site (like newgrounds) its will start the game from level 1 when the player will close and open the game ?. how can i check verition of my game as a downloadble game or game in site to make sure its ok?

Are you saving the attribute that stores the level you are on? Use a save behavior or a table and have it load at the start.

Are you saving the attribute that stores the level you are on? Use a save behavior or a table and have it load at the start.

in every scene (level) i have actor who bring the player to the next level. and in this actor i put save attribute. in the first scene i put load attribute.

u can give me way to check my game as a adownloadable game or as a free game in site to make sure its ok?

thanks for the help :)

i succesed to check this. its working :) . i want to thank to everyone who helped me, u are great people :D.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

Just thought I'd add for those who don't know you can force and integer attribute to return a positive value like an index attribute does by using abs() function i.e. abs(myInteger).