awesome new game

im thinking of creating a game in which you have a block that rises through the screen at a set speed and the objective of the game is to avoid obstacles. I was thinking of making it very minimal and or futuristic however i am new to gamesalad and unsure how to approach the creation of the game despite reading many tutorials and watching multiple videos!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If you've read many tutorials and watched multiple videos then you have some idea of how things move, rotate, collide, etc. The next step is to start building a simple game mechanic. For example, you might make a "block" actor move up. Then you might make an "obstacle" actor spawn at a location on the screen. Then you might make the obstacle move down or back and forth across the screen.

The point is, start building rules and if you get stuck, just ask for help!

And when you do ask, be sure to include as many details as possible about what you are doing, including actual rules/behaviors (screenshots are helpful).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• not so urgent however i am trying to make a game in which a block is guided up the screen through a series of minimalistic obstacles ... my issue is i cannot seem to find some way to make a screen that goes upwards on a sort of random generated or made out obstacle course?

I am new to gamesalad and app making so i need a fair bit of help thanks .... please add detail and make any suggestions how on earth i could manage to do this

a link to a tutorial would be greatly apreciated!!!!!!!!!!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

No need to multi-post. This is the same info you stated in another thread....

Below is a tutorial that shows you one way to move actors from the side of the screen, this could easily be adapted to move objects from the top of the screen instead. Hint: change the axis of movement from the X axis to the Y axis.

Hope it helps some.

There are also a bunch of general tutorials at my website that is linked in my signature below if you want to check them out.