Technology Trivia: Techno Madness

Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
edited December 2014 in Announce Your Game!

Technology Trivia: Techno Madness is a trivia game, developed by Supersonic Games and coded with the awesome engine, GameSalad. The questions in Technology Trivia: Techno Madness are based on technology.

Features:

1. New Game UI Design
  2. Score System
  3. Coin System
  4. 20+ levels of Technology Trivia Questions
  5. Background Music

Platforms:

1. Kindle Fire
  2. Windows 8/Windows 8.1

Release Date: February 3, 2015

Comments

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Here we go again... :)

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots of this, to see if any previous advice from the forums has been taken onboard.

:)

• Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    edited December 2014

Development Log- December 19, 2014

With my previous trivia games that I have developed, I was coding them with the method of the first answer box always being the correct answer. Even though the past trivia games did pretty good in downloads, the GameSalad community has criticized that the games were too easy to finish, since the correct answer was always the first answer box for each trivia question.

In 2015, this method will no longer exist. I have spent countless minutes and hours converting the code base for Technology Trivia: Techno Madness, so that for each trivia question, the correct answer will be one of the answer boxes on the screen, instead of the first answer box each time.

Example 1:

1. Question 1- Answer Box 1
    2. Question 2- Answer Box 2
    3. Question 3- Answer Box 3
    4. Question 4- Answer Box 4

This order will continue throughout Technology Trivia: Techno Madness until the end of the game.

Example 2:

1. Answer Box 1- 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29
    2. Answer Box 2- 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30
    3. Answer Box 3- 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27
    4. Answer Box 4- 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28

This example shows what levels will have that answer box as the correct answer.

When Technology Trivia: Techno Madness launches in 2015, there will be 30 levels to play through at launch. More levels will come during the post-launch session through updates.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Gamelover456 said:
    1. Question 1- Answer Box 1
    2. Question 2- Answer Box 2
    3. Question 3- Answer Box 3
    4. Question 4- Answer Box 4

This order will continue throughout Technology Trivia: Techno Madness until the end of the game.

Although this is a vast improvment on always having the correct answer in box 1, this still makes it trivially easy to step through the game getting all the questions right, just hit the boxes in order, 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 . . . . 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 . . . . 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 . . . . etc.

You might be better off making the right answer appear in a random position, or at least in a less obvious pattern . . . . if you don't know how to do that part I'm sure someone around here can help you.

January 2, 2015 Development Update:

We are 1 month away from the release of Technology Trivia: Techno Madness.

January will consist of in the development process:

1. Finish coding the levels for the game
    2. Test the game to make sure that everything looks perfect
    3. Final Tweaks
    4. Pushing the game to Amazon and Microsoft to get the game approved for February 3, 2015

Technology Trivia: Techno Madness releases on Kindle Fire and Windows 8/Windows 8.1 on February 3, 2015.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2015

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Socks said:

Hehe. I could probably guess what you were going to post. : )

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

you really need to learn how to leverage tables. You will be able to code a single scene and have hundreds of questions. and with tables, you'll be able to easily randomize the correct answer.

do it once correctly and the rest of your trivia games will be 10000x easier to do and update.

January 9, 2015 Development Update:

All 30 levels for Technology Trivia: Techno Madness have been coded and game development is finally complete.

The next step is to do final tweaks to the game and pushing it to the Amazon App Store for Kindle Fire and Windows Store for Windows 8/Windows 8.1

Screenshot from Technology Trivia: Techno Madness:

• jorkosjorkos Member, PRO Posts: 353

congrats, the first one is the hardest!! try to learn more about tables...my 2 cents. for example, for the random answer placement, for 4 answers i use a table called TB_4x16 - it has 4 columns with all variations of 1,2,3,4 then you do a random answer order before the question starts (random (1,16)) - then you place the actors based on that row in the table depending on their self.attribute "position" - which should be 1,2,3 and 4 (they should all be the same actor). The answer button that is position 1 is the answer.... play with it.

Screenshots from Technology Trivia: Techno Madness:

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486
    edited January 2015

@jonmulcahy said:
    you really need to learn how to leverage tables. You will be able to code a single scene and have hundreds of questions.

I could not agree with this more. I made a quiz game with 400 questions for a client and I could not even fathom doing it without the use of tables. Once you get the framework set up, adding questions is a breeze. If you need help figuring it out, just ask the forums or send me a message. You will be glad you did :)

edited January 2015

January 27, 2015 Update:

We are one week away from the release of Technology Trivia: Techno Madness on Kindle Fire and Windows 8/Windows 8.1

Game Icon:

• Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460

@Gamelover456,

It would be polite to at least acknowledge peoples advice, even if you don't want to use it.

Just a thought. :)

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

Technology Trivia: Techno Madness is now live on the Amazon App Store for Kindle Fire and the Windows Store for Windows 8/Windows 8.1

Download Links:

1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S9YWVWY
    2. http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/technology-trivia-techno-madness/31eb45de-d233-480b-b0c7-018f3e167d7c

Technology Trivia: Techno Madness 1.0.1 is now live on Kindle Fire and Windows 8/Windows 8.1

Update Links:

1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S9YWVWY

2. http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/technology-trivia-techno-madness/31eb45de-d233-480b-b0c7-018f3e167d7c

Release Notes for 1.0.1:

1. Grammar Fixes for Technology Trivia questions
  • http_gamesaladhttp_gamesalad Member Posts: 1,340

You should add graphics

• http_gamesaladhttp_gamesalad Member Posts: 1,340
    edited February 2015

Your app will never succeed if you can't take constructive criticism... your downloader & players are your customers & you have to listen to your customers because "the customer is always right."
    You HAVE to take some of there ideas into consideration. Or at least have the decency to reply to them.. they're here to help you create the best app as possible & it's extremely disrespectful not to reply to at least one of them or put their ideas into your updates. While they spent their time trying to give you feed back on how to improve your app.

I haven't downloaded your app
    1. Because honestly the graphics look atrocious (the screen shots are the first thing your players will see & you HAVE to make a good first impression in order to start getting resonable downloads.) If you want me to be honest your graphics look like they were made in Microsoft Paint & you spent 5 seconds making them. I'm not the best graphic artist ..... but at least put sometime into coloring the squares & rectangles evenly.

2.The way you completely disregard your players suggestions.

Just remember the amount of effort you put in your app is the amount of downloads you'll expect to get. So if you try to take short cuts & have horrible coding (for example getting the hardest questions first as your players have complained about.. don't expect to get to many downloads if your game play is very buggy.)

It's very pointless making updates to the apps if you don't incorporate your players suggestions. You're not the only player.

Your app maybe be tons of fun who knows... but from the first impressions of the screen shots, also the reports of very buggy game play & being very rude to your players .. don't expect this app to go anywhere until you take time to make proper updates & being more respectful to your players!

Good luck.