Pixel art format and size

Hi, I've only been using Gamesalad for maybe a month, but I've been getting on with it really well in the coding aspect.

An issue I've had is making art for the game that looks good and has low resource demand, I made a grass texture pixel art sprite in the same way you would do so for something like Minecraft, it's a much higher resolution though (100x100), so there is no noticeable repeat pattern. When I rendered it I looked at it in windows photo viewer and zoomed in, it looked just as I wanted it to. When I put it in game salad though, it was blurry.

Is there a setting in GameSalad that disables the blurring? I know it is there to make high res pictures look better but I want it off for my methods.

If there is no way of doing this then i'll just make each pixel in the art about 5-10 pixels across, but I feel that is using more resources, I'm probably wrong though.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@memoryman18@live.co.uk said:
    If there is no way of doing this then i'll just make each pixel in the art about 5-10 pixels across, but I feel that is using more resources, I'm probably wrong though.

You will need to make each pixel larger as there is no way to disable the interpolation GameSalad uses when scaling up an image.

• @Socks said:
    You will need to make each pixel larger as there is no way to disable the interpolation GameSalad uses when scaling up an image.

Ok, Thanks for the information. Now I know what it's called too. :)