The Drive : Devil's Run by POLYGAMe (published by BulkyPix) - OUT NOW!

Hey guys and gals,

Been a while since my last update but the game is finally available!

Here's the App Store link: https://appsto.re/nz/FMHl3.

And here's the official trailer:

I hope you like it!

Cheers,

Kary Warly.

Comments

• Ed_PerkinEd_Perkin Midlands,UKMember Posts: 346

Not gamesalad?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited December 2014

Love this game! It plays and feels like the best (early) days of Need for Speed, which in my opinion is fantastic! I've only played two cars on three roads so far but I've seen NfS references for sure, like the sea side tunnel with open side windows on road 2, love it!

Really nice job!

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474

@Ed_Perkin@MASK said:
    Not gamesalad?

No. Hence posting in non-GS game news ;)

@jamie_c said:
    Love this game! It plays and feels like the best (early) days of Need for Speed, which in my opinion is fantastic! I've only played two cars on three roads so far but I've seen NfS references for sure, like the sea side tunnel with open side windows on road 2, love it!

Really nice job!

Awesome, thanks! That's exactly what I was going for. Even had input from the lead artist of Need For Speed :)

@POLYGAMe‌ aha sorryyy :D and don't mind me asking , looks great what did you use to make it ? :p ;)

@Ed_Perkin@MASK said:
    POLYGAMe‌ aha sorryyy :D and don't mind me asking , looks great what did you use to make it ? :p ;)

Haha, no worries. I use Unity for my 3D stuff :)

@Polygame Nice , How long does it take to be able to use unity ? :D

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

Congrats! It's been fun watching the development of this one - seems like real labor of love. Good job landing BulkyPix!

@Ed_Perkin@MASK said:
    Polygame Nice , How long does it take to be able to use unity ? :D

Not long. In saying that, I struggled to learn to code from books... just couldn't understand it, so I did a game dev diploma (didn't finish it though, lol) and after a couple of months studying C++, I knew enough to do whatever I want in Unity, in fact, it's my day job, now!

If you're keen on learning, I'd suggest starting with JavaScript. It's easier to get your head around than C#. But yeah, once you know the basics of coding, Unity is pretty easy to pick up. You'd be surprised how much you actually know about coding after using GS. Helped me heaps!!!

Of course, if you are more interested in the design side and don't need 3D, you really can't beat GS. I'll always have a sweet spot for Gamesalad :)

aha nice :D Gonna get started :P

Good luck :) And don't be put off it it seems really tough. After a awhile you'll just go "ooooooh, I get it all now!" In saying that, some people aren't built for coding and do find it more difficult. I'm one of those people, so I'm still not a great coder! But I know enough to get it done and I'm constantly learning :)