Crystal clear images designed in Photoshop and transferred to gamesalad

Hey guys I'm designing my first complete game and need my graphics to be spot on! But when I bring the images(saved for web devices & png 8) they are not clear. What am I doing wrong, someone please help?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited December 2014

@Ceoready_45 said:
    Hey guys I'm designing my first complete game and need my graphics to be spot on! But when I bring the images(saved for web devices & png 8) they are not clear. What am I doing wrong, someone please help?

You are not saving your images for the internet ('web') or 'devices', you are saving it for Creator which is neither a website nor a mobile device ! So no need to do any kind of conversion/compression at this stage, just save it as a normal PSD file.

Also, 8bit colour depth is not supported by GameSalad.

And . . . by 'not clear' do you mean the images look blurred ? A before and after picture would be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474

Also, images need to be power of 2, for example 8x8, 16x16, 32x32 and so on. I believe GS uses bilinear filtering, so if you want nice looking retro, chunky sprites, you'll need to import them at a much larger size or they will blur when scaled up. Hope this helps :)

• willkeslingwillkesling Member, PRO Posts: 123

In photoshop when you save your .png files save them as PNG-24 with transparency checked. Generally I will save all of my images at least double the size they are going to be in the game. I do this so if I want to make the actor come forward ( on the z ) It won't get blurry.