Crystal clear images is a must...

Hey guys I'm designing my first complete game and need my graphics to be spot on! But when I bring the images from Photoshop to gamesalad the images are not clear. (saved for web devices & as png called). Please help!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Are you importing the images at 72 dpi? Are you importing images that are twice the height and width of the actor's size (e.g. 1536x2048 for a 768x1024 actor)?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Ceoready_45Ceoready_45 Member, PRO Posts: 18

I am importing the images at 72dpi but didnt make the images twice in hieght and weight. i will try this thanks so much

@tatiang my images are not coming out clear when i resize them to a smaller size in GS. I'm using illustrator and I also used flash as well but im getting the same results. Im importing the images at 72dpi and i make them 2x the size i want them in GS. What could be the problem?

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505

They look funny in the GS viewer but usually they come out clear when the game is published or tested on the actual device.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Ceoready_45 said:
    i make them 2x the size i want them in GS. What could be the problem?

Can you post some screenshots?

@blue_elephant thanks so much, you are exactly right. They are clear in the viewer. Thanks @pHghost thank you too...lol

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Ceoready_45 said:
    tatiang my images are not coming out clear when i resize them to a smaller size in GS.

You should have no need to resize your images within GameSalad, if you are resizing your images you have made an error earlier in the production pipeline.

@Ceoready_45 said:
    I'm using illustrator and I also used flash as well but im getting the same results. Im importing the images at 72dpi and i make them 2x the size i want them in GS. What could be the problem?

Can you upload a screenshot of the original image (in Illustrator) and the problematic image as it appears in GameSalad.

@Socks I figure it out, my images are crystal clear now...But thanks

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

I think when he said 'resize image in GS' he meant resizing the actor to 1/2 the size of the image.

It remains true for example, that if you create an actor by drag-dropping an image from the image pane, the size of the actor will be set to the size of the image, a relic of pre-retina days. Could be a feature request hidden here? ;)

@tatiang @Socks @pHghost @blue_elephant Hey guys where can I find the best sound effects for free. Could direct me to a website please. Thanks so much