Game Idea

Hey guys I've been working with gamesalad for about 7 years now but I can't come up with any good game ideas now! Have any ideas please contact me thanks!

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

I've got an idea for a bird that flies through tightly spaced pipes that stick out from the ground and (oddly) the sky . . . I can let you have it for $200.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@Stop Sign Studios Inc. said:
    Hey guys I've been working with gamesalad for about 7 years now

Just curious why you just joined GS this month???

• Ha Ha thanks

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You'll find that most people who struggle with game design do so because they lack ideas. People with good ideas (and by the way, it's not just a luck of the draw but they actually work hard to come up with many, many, many bad ideas and finally they hit on one good/great idea) have the motivation to learn to make their games with GameSalad and search for help that they might need.

Having a lack of ideas, well, that just puts you in the same place as others here. Why would someone else give you their good idea? Wouldn't they just develop it themselves or hire someone to do it? I see that you're also offering your coding services... perhaps you'll get some ideas from the projects that come your way.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Seven years Hmmmm where you been man?

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:

It's the Internetz and kids will be kids ;)

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

I was thinking the same thing @The_Gamesalad_Guru‌. Might just be me but seems kind of fishy especially with all stop sign's recent posts and what they were about.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited December 2014

Weird, I managed to doublepost. See below.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Based on those services and how to posts. @ 7 years with GS, he/she/or the incorporated studio they claim to be should know where to resource these or how to do these things.

If not, it does not say well of the business (incorporated mind you) that is about to conduct services (blindly, not knowing the terrain and ill-equipped).

Game Idea:

Game Studio should be prepped for game development/making games and selling services. An epic quest to prepare you and your team for your first title release! Battle the evil thread trolls and villainous app reviewers as you and your team claw your way to release! ...I could go on, but It's too early

Stuff like this is not even worth commenting seriously.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Well I've been here for just shy of 6 years and I only started really posted a couple of years ago. Being unseen doesn't mean you've not been there. That said, I'm pretty sure I signed up very, very close to the initial release of GameSalad. Has it even been out 7 years? I'm pretty sure he'd have to have been in closed pre-release testing of GameSalad to have been using it for 7 years.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@Armelline, yeah I've been a member since 2009. But really only active on the forums for the last 2-3 years.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@jamie_c said:
    Armelline, yeah I've been a member since 2009. But really only active on the forums for the last 2-3 years.

Just after you finished your 12 stretch for that armed robbery ?

@Socks said:
    Just after you finished your 12 stretch for that armed robbery ?

ssssshhhh, you promised never to tell!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Yeah. I have been using GS for about 2 years and 8 months and have recently started posting this year. :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

Now I try to post daily. I am grateful for all of the support and encouragement that I have found on this forum. :D

edited December 2014

Tatiang is right. I typically go through two-dozen or more ideas before deciding on a final game idea to produce. Honestly, most of my ideas are bad. However, I eventually stumble upon a good idea.

When choosing a final idea to green light I usually consider elements like level of complexity regarding coding, art design and animation as this will undoubtedly increase my production time. Presently, I am a one-man studio. As a result I handle all aspects of my games production process.

Additionally, I consider the playability of the potential game as well. Simply put, is the game fun to play and will key elements like, the animation, graphics, user interface, sound design and overall game play seamlessly blend together in order to create a great game.

Truthfully, it’s not easy and there are times in which I have a creative brain drain.
    When this happens I usually play other peoples games, watch movies and write.
    Sometimes you can find inspiration in the creative works of others.

With that said, I absolutely love the challenge of coming up with great gaming ideas and making them a reality!

In sum, Stop Sign Studios Inc. you cannot come up with any good ideas because you have created that obstacle yourself. Remove the obstacle and you will have greater success coming up with better ideas. Game making isn’t easy it’s a constant struggle. Adopts Nike’s slogan and Just do it.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

7 years and no good ideas... wow.

Just prototype some stuff, anything that comes to mind really, don't overanalyze it. And then once you find something really fun in the prototype phase... well then it's full steam ahead!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited January 2015

@Armelline said:
    Well I've been here for just shy of 6 years and I only started really posted a couple of years ago. Being unseen doesn't mean you've not been there. That said, I'm pretty sure I signed up very, very close to the initial release of GameSalad. Has it even been out 7 years? I'm pretty sure he'd have to have been in closed pre-release testing of GameSalad to have been using it for 7 years.

I get that your point but when you joined those years ago you setup a user name and that shows when you joined as yours does 2009 and same for Robert. His shows December of this year. It just seems suspicious is all.

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

Yeah Armelline has been using for 6 years. But good on you for being a detective lol. Not sure a career should be made out of it though.

7 years I highly doubt but.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

I get that your point but when you joined those years ago you setup a user name and that shows when you joined as yours does 2009 and same for Robert. His shows December of this year. It just seems suspicious is all.

I agree completely, was just playing devil's advocate :D

• ZipfrazzleZipfrazzle Member Posts: 11

How about a game about coming up with game ideas for game development? It'd be meta and fun. mechanics-wise, take from The Sims Medieval, bard's inspirations for plays, and expand from there.

Not your cup of tea? Well, maybe you can specify what kind of ideas you're looking for, like game genre, level of depth and coding required, etc.