[Solved] Why are these actors interacting with each other???

FlyboyTrevy_FlyboyTrevy_ Member, PRO Posts: 148
edited January 2015 in Community Tutorials

I have 2 actors, and 2 buttons. Desired scenario, when button A is clicked, actor A will move; And when button B is clicked, actor B will move. Both actors will move in the same way (same distance and all that) except they start and end at different points. So they basically have the same code attached to them other than the coordinates they start and end up on are different.

So what I have set up, is we have Rule A, and Rule B (both Boolean). When button A has a mouse click down, it changes attribute Rule A to true, else it's false. And same for button B with rule B. Actor A has it set so when Rule A is true, it performs the move command, same for Actor B with rule B. Get it?

Here's the problem:

I get into the instance, I click button A, and both Actor A and Actor B make a move. Or reset the instance, I click button B, and both actors move again. They are entirely different actors, with entirely different rules. WTF!

Thing is this isn't a problem if I change the input from clicking the buttons to just hovering your mouse cursor over the buttons. No problem there. Why would this be??? Changing the input type shoudln't have ANY effect on how the program executes its code.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments