More Npc talk help

Hi guys
I watched jamies tutorial on how to set up conversation zones and tables, but it still did not answer my question.
How would i get a character to ask me a question when i collide with it? How would I set up a keyboard input so i could answer, and have the npc say yes or no? Im in very much need of help, as this app is for my chem final. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited January 2015

Yeah, that tutorial is just the basics, it's meant to get someone started after that you'd need to figure your own special solution, since everyone's needs would likely be slightly different.

I don't have specific steps or behaviors for you but here are a few suggestions:

How would i get a character to ask me a question when i collide with it?

Instead of using a statement like I did, simply write a question as the text displayed.

How would I set up a keyboard input so i could answer, and have the npc say yes or no?

Use Gamesalads text input behavior and then parse the answer, this would likely take some work...

How would I set up a keyboard input so i could answer, and have the npc say yes or no?

A more simple option would be to ask all yes or no questions and either use the text input behavior to branch to the right reply, or have buttons for 'yes' and 'no' and branch from there.

I hope that helps a little...