Playing music?

I feel like such a noob, asking such simple questions lol. I imported a ogg. file into my media (music for the backround) and I wanted it to play as soon as the game is opened. I can click the file button on the left hand side and the music will play, however when i set it to the backround actor and set it to loop, it wont play. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited January 2015

There is a whole lot of variable as to why it may not be playing. Is the actor in the scene? You can add the sound or music file to any actor within a scene, but you should put it into a static background image, or off-screen.

Give us some details about how you added the behavior to your scene. It may just be as simple as your behaviors settings.

GS will automatically convert non OGG such as MP3 and AIFF to OGG. During testing, if you find that the imported OGG file you imported is not playing, try importing it as another known-working format (if available).

• pleasantvalley66pleasantvalley66 Member Posts: 8

I have the backround set as a actor, and i applied the play music attribute to him.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Have you tested it in a new scene as a test?

• pleasantvalley66pleasantvalley66 Member Posts: 8

yes
    still no luck.

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

Have you tried testing it on an actual device. I have had sound issues while previewing, but once I tested on an actual device the issues went away. Might be worth a try.

• kaiseriumkaiserium Member Posts: 4

Apparently, sounds are OGG files and music needs to be MPEG-4. Hope that helps.

• wcsd9739wcsd9739 Member Posts: 37

@kaiserium said:
    Apparently, sounds are OGG files and music needs to be MPEG-4. Hope that helps.

Yep, this is kind of annoying but it's true. The Play Music behavior, which it sounds like you used, can only play .m4a and the Play Sound behavior only plays .ogg. So if you need the other way around, you have to convert the file. I always have to convert my .ogg files into .m4a for use as background music, so I use www.convertfiles.com. It works great with GameSalad (which is not true of many converter sites)