2.10: iPhone Apps must also run on iPad without modification, at iPhone resolution, and at 2X iPhone

LuMa GamesLuMa Games USAMember Posts: 129
edited January 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

So my app got reviewed and I got this message. I tried to look at other forum posts with the same issue but could not find answers. So here is what the message apple sent me said:

"We found that your app did not meet the requirements for running on iPad, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app did not run at iPhone resolution when reviewed on iPad. While your app may be built for iPhone or iPod, it must still run on iPad, at iPhone resolution and at 2x iPhone 3GS resolution."

Here are some details of my game:

-Designed in iPhone Legacy Portrait

-750 x 1334 resolution (iPhone 6)

-Checked Overscan when publishing

-iPhone template selected when publishing, NOT Universal

Here are screenshots they provided me with:
http://gyazo.com/d3733724f6ea7918b00fadc882fa651d
http://gyazo.com/87fe2f9c43afb6ada36a4532877ee09c

Perhaps selecting letterbox will fix this? or did I do something else wrong? any help would be great, thanks in advanced

Comments

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

Use their resolution centre and ask them directly why your iPhone build and release is also includes an iPad release. I suspect you have made some mistake in the submission process and included iPads. Hopefully they can pin point it for you if someone else here doesn't.

• LuMa GamesLuMa Games USAMember Posts: 129

@colander said:
    Use their resolution centre and ask them directly why your iPhone build and release is also includes an iPad release. I suspect you have made some mistake in the submission process and included iPads. Hopefully they can pin point it for you if someone else here doesn't.

Well apparently when you release for iPhone, you have to make sure it's also playable on iPad. Which doesnt make sense to me.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

Is that the response you got from Apple? About a year ago I published two versions of my first game one for iPhone and one for iPad so I know you can publish for either unless something has changed. And I doubt that, the GS publishing server still lets you publish for either or both as a universal. It is almost certainly a mistake on your part you just need to track it down.

The best place to start is to use the Apple's resolution centre and tell them you only submitted of iPhone and ask them why they are testing it for iPad release.

• ZipfrazzleZipfrazzle Member Posts: 11

The rule you cited in the title has it pretty clearly written, looks like that's simply the rule.

If you've used enough apps yourself, you would find out that the iPad has a native feature to emulate iPhones, allowing you to run any app. Sounds like your app has issues when running in that mode.

• LuMa GamesLuMa Games USAMember Posts: 129

@colander said:
    Is that the response you got from Apple? About a year ago I published two versions of my first game one for iPhone and one for iPad so I know you can publish for either unless something has changed. And I doubt that, the GS publishing server still lets you publish for either or both as a universal. It is almost certainly a mistake on your part you just need to track it down.

The best place to start is to use the Apple's resolution centre and tell them you only submitted of iPhone and ask them why they are testing it for iPad release.

• dsrn@mac.comdsrn@mac.com Member, PRO Posts: 13

Did you ever managed to get this resolved? I have just had the same issue.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Make sure you submit an iPhone build when you publish not a universal build.