Release Candidate 0.12.16 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.12.16

Fixes:

• Fixed a UI crash that would occur when backing out of the Table editor.

Known Issues:

• Using the Home button may not release all of the memory used from the Scene Editor or Preview. Pressing the back button will resolve this issue.
  • iOS apps may get rejected for not adhering to the new iOS Data Storage guidelines. We are aware of the issue and will have a fix in as soon as possible.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Certainly moving ahead quickly now! :D

Well colleagues, I anticipate a stable release coming coming to a Mac near you, real soon.

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

@BlackCloakGS‌

1. Go to project, hit revert to saved, all scenes disappear. Previewing and backing out bring them back.

2. Open GS RC you get the menu window appear, hit close and disappears. However, open a project to launch GS RC and this menu jumps in front, try to close and you can't, have to minimise. Nothing major but just one of those small annoyances

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Good finds @beefy_clyro‌.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@BlackCloakGS my iPad game is still crashing out of memory with this latest release as the memory used in the previous scene is not released when I switch to the next scene in my game. At the moment (and it has been like this for months now) my game is on hold since I can't test it properly. In fact, the way it is now GameSalad is limited to a "one-scene-only" engine, which sucks.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@viking‌ -- I think the memory improvements that happened in GS lately were related to the memory buildup of GS Creator running under Yosemite.

Memory improvements in-game will hopefully come soon.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

That may be the case @pHghost, but I can live with the Creator being slow or running out of memory. It's just an inconvenience for me as a developer. I can't live with the game consistently crashing on my customer though. Hopefully the work done in terms of improving Creator memory management also helps in-game as well, but I doubt they are directly related.

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    edited January 2015

@viking said:
    BlackCloakGS my iPad game is still crashing out of memory with this latest release as the memory used in the previous scene is not released when I switch to the next scene in my game. At the moment (and it has been like this for months now) my game is on hold since I can't test it properly. In fact, the way it is now GameSalad is limited to a "one-scene-only" engine, which sucks.

Actually there are bugs with memory management that occurs in one-scene games also. For simple games that might not even be noticed but if you have a game that has lots of high res graphics and animations then memory will build up and the game will crash eventually. I have that situation in a one-scene game I'm working on (where I destroy every single actor manually and don't use reset scene or reset game and don't pre-load images).
    I agree, as many others have when those issues has been brought up before, that memory related bugs should take highest priority.

@BlackCloakGS‌ When using interpolate (may do it on others as well as haven't tested) type in a value;

e.g. 3200

Now click on that value and go to change a number in there (do not delete the whole number and start from nothing, just edit one digit like you would in a typo)

e.g. 3200 changed to 3220

Press return and it reverts back to 3200

Now select the whole number and type in the whole value to change it to, rather than just editing one of the numbers and it works ok.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@beefy_clyro said:
    BlackCloakGS‌ When using interpolate (may do it on others as well as haven't tested) type in a value;

e.g. 3200

Now click on that value and go to change a number in there (do not delete the whole number and start from nothing, just edit one digit like you would in a typo)

e.g. 3200 changed to 3220

Press return and it reverts back to 3200

Now select the whole number and type in the whole value to change it to, rather than just editing one of the numbers and it works ok.

This happens in the stable 0.12.10 Keith any value over 1,000 (so if a comma is placed in the value) cant be edited by a single digit or any digit pass the comma.

Ah ok, I haven't actually used a stable in a while to be honest!
    The RC has actually caught me out soooooo many times already and I only started using it today!!!!

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

I realize that I should know this already, but if I have been building using a stable release. Then I open it up in an RC and make changes, then save as a RC. What do I do if I get to the point of publish? to test.
    Do I open the RC with the stable and then resave. or publish from the RC? ( i dont think this works).
    Or are all changes I make not interchangeable between the two?

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@theazlowes you will have to publish using the RC unless you go back to the stable and and add the changes you made in the RC to the stable version. The RC should be ok to publish with but test your app throughly before you do to make sure it is working correctly.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@viking said:
    BlackCloakGS my iPad game is still crashing out of memory with this latest release as the memory used in the previous scene is not released when I switch to the next scene in my game. At the moment (and it has been like this for months now) my game is on hold since I can't test it properly. In fact, the way it is now GameSalad is limited to a "one-scene-only" engine, which sucks.

I've also recently experienced some random crashing after scene changes in my ad hoc build after this release candidate..not sure if this is an isolated issue but hopefully any memory issues will be finally fixed in the next stable build to prevent this from happening

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited January 2015

@BlackCloakGS‌ , what is the latest on including images in the tweet-sheet?

Image support does not seem to work (including the "twitter_" method).

Also, when (or which version) can we expect the device locale info to be available?