iADs problem

During adhoc testing, when iADs load, it messes around with my app a lot. When actors interpolate, they shake up and down before moving. I have a menu that, when an option is selected, the menu slides out of the screen. but when iAds pops up and an option is picked, the menu shakes violently for a second then slides off the screen?

Without iads enabled everything works perfect. Even with chartboost on.

Answers

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Are they shaking in the direction they would move? So up and down shake the moving upwards etc.?

• jsorr2jsorr2 Member Posts: 279

No they shake up and down then move right.
    It seems like it spawns another duplicate actor ontop of it too.

To be extremely descriptive, i have 3 actors that all change images depending upon variables. So the user picks a category, like "food", which changes category variable to 1. Then an option actor(2) slides above the category actor (1) destroying it and displaying the options "apple", "orange", "pear".

If user picks orange, option variable is set to 2, then the info actor(3) slides above the options actor (2) destroying it and an image with information is displayed based off those two variables.

When iAds loads up:

When "orange" is selected, the options actor (2) moves up, then down, and then the info actor (3) slides across above it to display the information.

Also, the options actor(2) changes to its default image briefly, as you can see the words change right before the info actor slides above it. So I'm guessing it spawns another actor on top of itself for no reason.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Haven't seen this issue before. The only problem with iAd i know of is the studdering of motion when iAds show.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

What do you mean by studdering?
    I actually have iAds set to start 2 seconds after start up, but they start at around the 5 second mark and as soon as the GS loading wheel pops up, he'll breaks loose

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@jsorr2 said:
    What do you mean by studdering?
    I actually have iAds set to start 2 seconds after start up, but they start at around the 5 second mark and as soon as the GS loading wheel pops up, he'll breaks loose

If you have a game where theres constant motion, you will notice that the actor in motion starts stuttering, almost like lag when the iAds come up.

This may be a different issue though, not sure if related.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

Will try and get some screen shots or a video up tomorrow.

Well, as soon as the 'pause' and 'unpause' function is used while iAds is on, every actor is duplicated that is currently on scene. Which means if an actor spawns a menu on touch, 2 menus appear.

How can I insert interstitial ads without pause or change scene? It seems like this screws up iAds on my app.