How to add tags for actors

HLQuanHLQuan Member, PRO Posts: 10

1.I have created several actors. 2. I added a tag 'Enemy' in the Actors panel. 3.Now I've selected an actor named 'planet001' . 4.In the Attributies Section, I click on the tags 'Enemy', but nothing could be changed. 5.It looks like a bug. Is there any specific way to add a tag to an actor?---(I'm working on Windows 8 with GameSalad Pro)

Best Answer

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Posts: 1,291
    Accepted Answer

Hay @HLQuan‌,

I don't use windows version, I use mac but I downloaded the windows version so I could help you. I provided an image below for what you need to do. In the image I circled the tag icon/button. You press that to create the tag. I named the tag "Enemies Tag". Next what you need to do is select the actors you want to have that tag then drag them in the tag section. So if you look at the picture under Actors you see the Enemy actor under both "All" and "Enemies Tag". The actor will automatically select the tag associated to where you placed the actor. If you look at the image in the bottom portion you will notice the the tag "Enemies Tag" is now selected.

Hope that helps!

Answers

• GreenHavenGamesGreenHavenGames Member Posts: 62

Sorry to dig up the dead, but this bug/thing still exists. And also, in the windows version, when you have a hundred or more actors in the All tag, it becomes highly time consuming to drag one single actor down the line to the tag you want it under, especially since the windows version doesn't support scrolling while dragging. The method that @KillerPenguinStudios suggested works fine on a mac, and you can even go to the tag list and multi-select all the actors you want to have said tag if you don't want to drag through other actors, but it's awful on a windows.

• AOdeveloperAOdeveloper Member, PRO Posts: 2

Please Gamesalad devs can you fix this on the Windows version.
    This is now becoming more than just an annoyance.