How to make a game like circle pong?

Hi, I want to make a game like circle pong. So when my ball collides with my Stick I want it to be like this http://prntscr.com/5rofn7
So when my ball collides with something it should bounce away from that object in a random position. And how do I make it start in a direction to the E.G Wall?

Answers

• wcsd9739wcsd9739 Member Posts: 37

I've attached a file with a lil project I made testing this out. Might not be the most conventional method, and I didn't feel like figuring out the circular paddle movement (so it just follows the mouse), but it seems to work pretty well.

I attached a zippy export-to-mac file, so you'll have to unzip it, and if you happen to have PC, then I think just copypaste another .gameproj 'file' into the folder and hopefully that'll work... :p

Good luck!

• nickname5862nickname5862 Member Posts: 51

GS-helper already has his tutorials for making an actor moving in circles and making the rotation follow. Just do: When mouse key is down, rotate in opposite direction (I think just a minus in front of it). Collide, move ball and done!!

I tried it myself.... and I failed hard.....
    Good luck!!

I made another one, hope this helps...
    Only problem is..... I don't know how to send it.....
    Cause, you know, I am new here and not a PRO user

If someone can help me how to send it, i will

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@nickname5862 You will need to upload the file to a file-sharing service and then post the download link here.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

But i am not a Pro, so I cannot just drag it over here. I WANT PRO BUT I CAN'T AFFORD IT, CAUSE I AM ONLY 15!!

Dammit....

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

$> @nickname5862 said:

But i am not a Pro, so I cannot just drag it over here. I WANT PRO BUT I CAN'T AFFORD IT, CAUSE I AM ONLY 15!!

@tatiang's suggestion was that you upload your file to a file-sharing service and then post the download link here, you don't need a Pro account to do that.

Try something like Mediafire or WeTransfer or Dropbox . . .

Aha, I get it. I will try. And EmrikAhl, my file is just a shortcut, but not the whole thing. The only thing I have in that file is a way to let the actor circle around a point and let it change direction when touched spacebar.

I think this will do...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iwrzazdeeedtxxo/AAD2Jju-MxwjPYx5CC0sYLf2a?dl=0

If there are any questions about anything I did in this file, just ask.