Collide but not moving

I have a wall and a ball, when the ball collides with the wall I just want to ball to bounce back, and it works. But the wall also bounce away. How do I make the wall to stay still

Best Answer

Answers

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

In the wall actor's physics attributes, uncheck moveable.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• EmrikAhlEmrikAhl Member Posts: 15

Oh, yeah but it wasn't actually a wall. It was a character like flappy bird that I need to use. So I need another way, cause that character have to be able to move, but not when it collides with something

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited January 2015

Then why call it a wall? I see this over and over again in the forums where people try to simplify their questions but ultimately cause more confusion than by just stating exactly what they need. Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you...

So you have something that collides with a flappy bird actor and you want the flappy bird actor to not move when the thing collides with it but otherwise to move? So the thing actually pauses the movement of the flappy bird until it passes it? Or...?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

My flappy bird is in the middle of the screen, it cant go like this <---> but it can go up and down, and the flappy bird needs to be able to do it the entire time. But when the ball collides with the flappy bird nothing should happened to the flappy bird. But the ball should bounce away. So the flappy bird should always be able to move, but it should not bounce away when the ball collides with it.

It worked, thanks dude