Help! I need to shoot a bullet in the direction of my cursor

I cannot figure out how to shoot a bullet and make it travel in the direction of my cursor but not follow it. Help plz!

Best Answers

Answers

• CerealBoxerCerealBoxer Member Posts: 13

but how is it accomplished?!

I checked it out and if you click twice without changing position of the cursor, it does not shoot.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@CerealBoxer said:
    I checked it out and if you click twice without changing position of the cursor, it does not shoot.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

@CerealBoxer said:

Sorry, it was just meant to be a simple demo of the basics, I didn't take the time to make it very complete :D

@Sock's suggestion should work, but what I intended to do but obviously forgot to was this:

@Sock's method is better though as with mine you have to release a tap before a ball is spawned. So use his unless you specifically want this behaviour.

edited January 2015
    1. Can you tell me what it says directly under "Rule"? when I got the cannon thing it just said Invalid path but both setups still work fine, it is really bugging me.
    2. Sorry to keep asking but is there a way (For my game purposes) to make it so the "Cannon" is always pointing at the cursor and also doesn't take time to spin around? (So far everyone has been helping a lot!)

Thank you so much! It is exactly what I need! I just have a tiny problem...

edited January 2015

Under the "Constrain Attribute" there is a rule. Inside it is the attribute-checking-thing.
    It says: "Invalid Path" inside of the attribute. I would like to find out what the attribute is supposed to be so I can replicate it. Please help!