slowdown after changing scenes

nulonulo Member Posts: 315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
alright guys, been playing around with gamesalad, learning it so i can start a "real" project.
well one little problem i have encountered already is the following:
i have my side scrolling game on scene1. everything is working properly.
i have scene2 as a menu. so when i press the esc key the game stops and jumps to the menu (scene2)
there i can buy some new stuff for my character.
alright, when i press the "back" button the game returns to scene1 (the game).
after it returns, everything is extremely slow. but not just slow, doesnt work properly.
like, when i press jump, he doesnt jumps in slowmotion, he just jumps 5 pixels and goes back.
i have a spawner that creates little puffs of smoke every .1 seconds. and after i return to the game from the menu,
its in slowmotion.
i can send you guys the file so you can take a better look at it.

Comments

• nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    alright, another little thing came up just now. i have an actor which is my "player" has all the rules to move, take damage, etc.
    i was editing the game and suddenly i noticed he wasn't in the actors list anymore... i checked the preview window and he is still there.. double clicked him and went inside his properties, the "edit prototype" options are there, and when i click them they go to the "player" prototype. everything looks ok, only the actor isnt showing on the actor list and he is not working properly inside the game. going all crazy there. any help?
    another little thing. is there a way to disable gravity per-actor?
    for example, i have some missiles that seek the player, but since gravity is on that influences the missiles and they just star falling straight to the floor. i wanted just the "accelerate toward" to influence them
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hi nulo.

The slowness: We are looking into it.

The missing Prototype: Perhaps you accidentally deleted the protype when you were on a different scene. We'll get that fixed to something better.

About gravity: Gravity is just a constant acceleration downward. so you can not turn off gravity for individual actors and still have them affected by other acceleration sources(the behavior). You could just give the actors you don't want falling to the ground an Acceleration Behavior going against gravity(up, 90 degrees) at the same value.
    alright codemonkey! glad to know things are being looked at!
    about the gravity, i tried that and it worked great! =)

another thing is layers for spawned actors and particles. for example, i want an actor to spawn some particles and those particles be generated behind the actor. but until now, all particles i have created go on top of everything. also, particle relation to the world, i mean, when an actor generates particles, all particles continue around the actor even when he moves on the scene. one thing i would like to be able to do is to spawn particles into the scene, and they only use the actor as a point of reference when generated, but then loose all connection to the actors position. not sure if i made myself clear?
    also layers for spawned actors. how can i do that?
    well thats it for the moment =)

thanks in advance
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hi nulo, thanks for the questions.

The way spawning(Spawn Actor behavior) works is that it is spawned on top of the spawner. Particles won't separate from the "spawner" as they are not really actors in the sense that they can affect anything. They just look pretty.

Actors that are spawned with the Spawn Actor behavior are added to the top of the list of the layer of its spawner. See http://gamesalad.com/wiki/scene_layers