Buttons display below the screen

pmbanugopmbanugo Member, PRO Posts: 4

I'm testing my game on a HTC phone(android). The buttons which are supposed to be used to control the hero is below the screen of the phone. I thought it's supposed to display correctly irrespective of the phone. How can I fix this?

Comments

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

are you changing the y position of the buttons in the actors? Alternatively are they ever moving, or is there gravity?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@pmbanugo said:
    I'm testing my game on a HTC phone(android). The buttons which are supposed to be used to control the hero is below the screen of the phone. I thought it's supposed to display correctly irrespective of the phone. How can I fix this?

Does the aspect ratio of your GameSalad project match the aspect ratio of the HTC ?

• pmbanugopmbanugo Member, PRO Posts: 4

I think is the aspect ratio. I'm using iPad project settings.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2015

@pmbanugo said:
    I think is the aspect ratio. I'm using iPad project settings.

The iPad screen and the HTC screen are different shapes.

iPad = 4:3 aspect ratio

HTC = 16:9 aspect ratio

You need to detect the screen shape (width divided by the height will give you the ratio) then move the buttons approprately.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Sounds like you published using overscan try using stretch. You can also search the forums for Universal Builds.

when publishing i can't find option for stretch. just overscan and letterbox

edited January 2015

I copied rules from this http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/72604/universal-build-flexible-aspect-ratio-stretch-trick-with-video-and-template for non-scrolling and yet it doesn't work. I'm using overscan while publishing, because i cant find option for stretch