Tutorials for creating games using visual based programing

Hi Guys

We have recently started a new site for creating games using visual based programing, we are in the process of creating Tutorials, videos and sample projects as well as creating the website. if you have any video or written Tutorials using GameSalad or unity3d playmaker you would like to share please post them here or PM us so we can upload to the site.

we will be posting a link once the site is in a stable state with at least some lessons and projects.

please also detail your name/portfolio website for credit if wanted.

thanks guys.

(site currently under construction)

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Will the site be ad funded/subscription funded? If so, will compensation be given to those providing content?

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

The site will be purely funded by the us, there will be a donation link if users wish to donate anything, to keep the site up and maintained.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@Armelline had a great list of questions at http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/515914/#Comment_515914 that I'll quote here since I'm sure people would like to know how you would answer these:

Will the site be funded by adverts, either on the site or inserted into the templates/tutorials?

Will the site itself be of a sufficiently professional quality?

Will there be careful moderation to ensure low quality templates and/or tutorials are not posted?

What rights would I be giving you if I sent you my content? Would I reserve the right to withdraw it at any time, and would I be dependent on you to do that or have the facility to add/remove stuff myself?

What protections will be put in place to stop people using the site as an advert for their commercial ventures? (i.e. People posting "free" templates plastered with links to their commercial offerings.)

Will any kind of sign in be required to view or download things?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Will the site be funded by adverts, either on the site or inserted into the templates/tutorials?

At the beginning here will be no funding via adverts or advertising this site will be funded by us as a company, there will be a donation link on the site that will go towards upkeep if users wish to donate, if this proves to be inadequate to keep up with costs small adds may be added. (please note we will never sell user submitted tutorials or data)

Will the site itself be of a sufficiently professional quality?

All content will be checked for accuracy before it is placed on the site, there will be automatic posting, as everything will need to be reviewed.

Will there be careful moderation to ensure low quality templates and/or tutorials are not posted?

As mentioned in the above comment data can not be added to the site without first being approved.

What rights would I be giving you if I sent you my content? Would I reserve the right to withdraw it at any time, and would I be dependent on you to do that or have the facility to add/remove stuff myself?
    _
    Data that is submitted to the site will not be removed unless found to be inaccurate, this is a site for learning so complete templates is something we will unlikely have for download it is more for tutorials and samples. _

What protections will be put in place to stop people using the site as an advert for their commercial ventures? (i.e. People posting "free" templates plastered with links to their commercial offerings.)

_As mentioned in comment two all data will be reviewed, and data found to be misleading will not be added. _

Will any kind of sign in be required to view or download things
    _
    no sign in info will be required users will be able to freely view tutorials and download sample images if required._

As a point we are aiming for a completely free learning experience for the user as we all know learning can be tough and it really doesn't haft to be.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

there will be a donation link if users wish to donate anything, to keep the site up and maintained.

So just to be clear if anyone donates through the button, the site owner will keep the money and the people who created the content don't see any of it?

If anyone donates through the donation link it will go towards site maintenance. As we are not allowing users to upload what ever they want to, ln an effort to keep all data at a high standard things need to reviewed.

This will undoubtedly result in a high amount of maintenance, if we get to a point where donations result in more money then maintenance costs we will hold a cash giveaway to the users that submit content.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Thanks for the comment it gave us something to consider

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited January 2015

@Bowhill Games said:

>

Data that is submitted to the site will not be removed unless found to be inaccurate, this is a site for learning so complete templates is something we will unlikely have for download it is more for tutorials and samples.

I'm not sure if this answer is the one you actually intend to give to this question. The question was more about a person's ability to withdraw their content from your site, if they should choose to do so. Your answer seems to be more about the circumstances where their content would be forcibly removed. Could you please clarify a bit?

You also didn't address the question of rights at all.

I do apologise, you would be giving us the rights display your content and under no circumstances would we be aloud to sell it.

We will also provide credit and links to your own portfolio / website if wanted.

You would not be able to remove content from the site as once it is submitted and approved as it will be imbedded into the pages, you will be able to contact us via the site and ask for it to be removed but it will take some time.