Fresh new fruit here, I want to learn !

nijaynijay Member Posts: 1

Hello all ,

I'm a 22 y/o Student from The Netherlands and i study IT App Design.
I want to start creating games for my profile to show on school and become better with designing at all cost.
The good thing about all this is i love games and i love to work on my own projects.

I have been thinking about this for a long time and i want to start creating a app right now. But i will need to learn the basics etc.

Now i have a few questions before i wanna start.

1# How to draw your own animations ?
How and wich program do you guys suggest to draw objects/backgrounds and all of the designs in the app ?

2# How do you let those object move ?
For example you make a ninja, this ninja will be able to jump and move. But how and wich program you use to let it seem like its moving his legs and arms.

Im a fast learner so Gamesalad program will just take some time too learn the basics of the program.

I intend to become a active Gamesalad user and will be browsing the forums alot from now on so i will see you guys around !

Thanks & Regards

Nijay

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited January 2015

For art tutorials i recommend @SpriteAttack

http://2dgameartforprogrammers.blogspot.co.uk

I would check out the free templates we have on DBA and other sites along with tutorial videos from the cook book to start.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Welcome! As Darren said, theres lots of good tutorials over at Spireattack. Animations is dependent on you really. The amount of frames from something simple, to something easy.

Personally, I would download this free Santa template to kick you off

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited January 2015

@nijay‌

@DBA has an excellent, wide varity of free templates to use to sift through code and see what makes it tick. So does @Braydon_SFX‌ and @codemonster. When it comes to graphics I dont have much of an input there.

When you do start you publishing stuff. Feel free to check out my Publishing tutorials on YouTube...see the link below. Welcome to GS and the Forums.

In addition...use the forums as mich as you can. When you have a question be sure to search for certain terms related to your question and may find several answers, prior to creating a thread. Try not to post multiple threads and...lol...NEVER EVER EVER make a thread titled "HELP!!!!" Just a warning. :smiley: