Adding Chartboost Reward videos

2»

Answers

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited May 2015

Definitely @NipaDidIt especially with the recent memory fixes, which has been great!

No harm in resurfacing this feature, just incase it does go unnoticed when the dev team said it could be due in 13/14 ;)

Also, yesterday RevMob announced video ads, however I don't think there is a way with them yet to make them rewardable video ads. I'm not sure if Admob do anything similar and the recent inclusion of Admob coming in 14 if it will be supported that way instead.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

I want to be able to create actors that open up to a url so I can sell my own ads to specific venders. url page could just be one page with a big or small ad of my choosing. Or a url to a page with a event and a video about the event.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

I think the ARC changes has pushed back GS development but they will catch up and move forward. Video rewards are the future, it seems

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Is there a feature request in our bug database? That way i won't forget when its time to look for new features.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=315

You commented on it

" BlackCloakGS Flea Market Alpha 2015-02-02 15:48:36 CST
    will be in GameSalad 13 or 14

Thanks you for voting. "

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120

Has some high votes too

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
    edited June 2015

Can't wait to see this live and in action. Hopefully it comes sooner than later!

Don't forget to vote if you haven't already:

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

Had to resurface this post!

Any update as to when this "Reward Videos" feature will be available? I really don't think it's a debate as to IF it should be available for GameSalad, but as to WHEN it will be available for GameSalad. The sooner the better :) I placed my vote in the bug database already.

The standard in mobile game development is increasing greatly and "Reward Videos" not only helps polish a game but also helps developers monetize a game to its full potential.

I wouldn't want to release a game below the standard and would definitely love to monetize in all aspects!

Any info on this is greatly appreciated and keep up the awesome work GS Team.

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Voted! I've been wanting this a lot in my recent games, and then I noticed this thread!

• MoogusMoogus Member, PRO Posts: 77

Yes this feature needs to be implemented asap @BlackCloakGS otherwise Gamesalad developers will move over to other software that allows for increased monetisation options and make some money so that they can continue to make games they love.

M

With the new 0.13.27 build for Mac, one of the fixes mentions Updated Chartboost Android and iOS SDKs to 5.5.0

Does this mean we can now implement video reward ads into our games? Or what exactly does this mean for us, using Chartboost.

Thanks @BlackCloakGS

• limbozonelimbozone Member, PRO Posts: 23

this would be a great feature