We need ( Pro gamesalad developer & artist ) PAID project.

OMO_OMO_ Member Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Help Wanted

it's all about crazy flabby fish try to move out of enemies and take the coins. It's one of 7 games that we have and we hope that we can find our needs to do it all together in future. For now we are starting the 1st game and We need :

(Pro gamesalad developer) :

• doing the game as a developer from A to Z for all IOS & Android devices, "universal project".
  • knowing the game details and giving the artist the exact sizes of the actors to do it.
  • adding google ads for our account.

• Our budget for the Developer : 700$

• due date 25 days, (Without the waiting days for the artist).

( Artist ) :

• knowing the idea and the story of the game.
  • making a creative and funny artist for the game with exact sizes that game needs.

Our budget for the Artist : 300$

• due date 10 days.

Tell us about your games and artists that you did and send you CV to us by Email :
alrayahweb(at)gmail(dot)com

The payment 50% to start and 50% when game finished.

Best regards

Comments

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited January 2015

Your budget is below the below (without even knowing much about it).

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited January 2015

I was going to say, be careful about accepting an offer like this. A $30 payment up front is really not any kind of insurance if things aren't on the up and up. And for a developer to make even the most basic game is probably 15-20 hours of work, so you have to consider if it's worth the pay, especially considering the need for multiple platform support, artist consultation, ads, and a quick deadline.

@OMO_ Are you able to provide links to similar games in terms of style and complexity so that artists and developers here know what you're expecting?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Agree about the super low budget. A low budget, with doing 'A to Z' in a tight time frame does not seem to add up. :)

Also, just FYI, you can't incorporate Google Ads into Gamesalad projects.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

Agreed with @RP and also, a lot of people will request half up front and half when finished before release.

Also, you have to be expecting to pay around $1,000-$1,500 for a simple game and a good developer and to get it to you on this short of notice! Also, for a good artist, depending on animations, number of assets, and other things, expect to probably pay more. Lastly, you didn't mention sound so if you needed that then that would be a mother added fee. You just have to be more logical about things. Hope you find what your looking for!

• OMO_OMO_ Member Posts: 4

@RP thank you for your note, how much do you think the good budget for simple game? If we are saying there is no levels or more complexity, it's endless game with some rules.

@tatiang thank you too for your notes, so what is the best way for the payment?
    And the example game is flabby bird in how the fish will move, but there will be enemies between the coins.

@jamie_c thank you about the information about google ads.

@KillerPenguinStudios WoW! Really thank about the details and the budget you suggested.

Thank you all for telling me about the budget is low, I want a win-win situation so I will change the budgets and really really thank you all for your collaboration :)

I'm repeating what others have said but 50% up front is pretty standard. I can't speak to art budgets but I know that I've never built a complete game for less than $1500 and even at that price it didn't include the features you mentioned in your top post. And it certainly didn't include custom artwork or sounds.

If you're looking for a flappy bird clone with a few differences, there are certainly developers here who can make that for you.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

I changed the budget :smile:
    700$ .. 25 days for a developer
    300$ .. 10 days for an artist

Also the payment 50% 50%

Thank you all ..

@tatiang thank you again .. pleas send to me a links of full games that you did and I think we will reach some deal :)

I'm sorry, I'm not interested. My comments were really just to make sure the community was well aware of the details of your request. Good luck, though!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited January 2015

I'm going to buck the trend here a bit and say that depending on your game, $700 is potentially enough. I charge $40 an hour (typically reduced to about $30 an hour if the project is well laid out in advance and interesting, and I can offer an up-front price), to give you an idea of the number of hours $700 gets you. It really depends on the scope of the project. You can get a lot done in GameSalad in ~20 hours. If your game is fairly simple, then your budget might cover it. If you want a complete clone of Clash of Clans or whatever, then obviously it won't.

That said, I also get people sometimes asking me to make massive games with network play and complex computer AI for a budget of $300. That obviously is not possible. People often (often) have extremely unrealistic ideas about what their budget will cover. Until it's clear what you're trying to get out of your budget, it's not going to be possible to say if your budget covers it. I don't really see many features listed, so it's impossible to tell in your case.

Additionally, 50/50 payment is not recommended on a budget that high. A much better approach is an initial payment of around 25%, followed by 25% increments at agreed milestones. I'd ask for, for example, 25% once the "basic" game was made, 25% once it was fully featured, 25% once it was complete and bug free. This much better protects both the client and the developer - neither risks too much in one go. 50% on a large budget can be a huge risk to both developer and client, depending on which turns out to be dishonest (ideally neither!).

Edit: I missed the post about him changing the budget. I guess it was something considerably lower in the first place, and my post is moot.

@Armelline Thanks for being the voice of reason. :)

The initial post mentioned a game developer budget of $300 and an artist budget of $150 with deadlines about a week or two out. I would agree with you that 50%/50% is high... I guess I was just going on the fact that not much was known and the budget was so low that I'd be scared to commit to something like that (20% of $150 is $30 so it seemed unreasonable for anyone involved). Clearly @OMO_ is willing to be flexible and work with what people here need so I appreciate that and also appreciate her/his willingness to listen to feedback.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@tatiang said:
    Armelline Thanks for being the voice of reason. :)

The initial post mentioned a game developer budget of $300 and an artist budget of $150 with deadlines about a week or two out. I would agree with you that 50%/50% is high... I guess I was just going on the fact that not much was known and the budget was so low that I'd be scared to commit to something like that (20% of $150 is $30 so it seemed unreasonable for anyone involved). Clearly OMO_ is willing to be flexible and work with what people here need so I appreciate that and also appreciate her/his willingness to listen to feedback.

Yes my response would definitely have been of the same ilk as those above if it had said $300! You'd definitely be very limited in what you could get for that. And I agree completely about the upfront payment needing to be a higher % on a project that small. Hopefully @OMO_ has success!

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited January 2015

$700 will get you about 2 days work from me and i have been known to finish complete games in a day for clients but it doesn't sound a lot of money but of course like others have said depends on the game.

I've sent you details of a very talented developer who might be interested.