"Hello!" from a very excited, new GameSalader!

Chr0nosChr0nos Wondering Vagabond AustraliaMember Posts: 113

Hi everyone!
My names Joel.
About a month ago I decided I wanted to build apps, but like most people, I had absolutely no idea where to start. After hours and hours of sifting through information and websites, I finally decided I needed to learn the computer language 'Python' (just to get me started).
I've been slogging through a course I found online trying to learn the language, and whilst I enjoy the little victories I get when I see my code run and work properly, I just REALLY wanted to build an app. (Patience is a virtue I don't have)

On one of the many many forums I visited I saw a comment from a guy telling someone to "...try GameSalad..."
So I thought I'd check it out myself.
...What I found...I couldn't believe!

In the space of an hour, I made a little game where i could control a little ball, and if the ball falls into the hole, it disappears! How super exciting is that! (Ok, so I know that is crazy basic compared to what some of you are building, but I made it...from nothing!) haha

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to the creators of this amazing site for giving me hope! Hope that I can build some of the things in my head, and make them a reality.

I look forward to seeing you all around the forums!

var Joel == superHappy

Comments