my custom stats dashboard leveraging the networking functions

jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

So it's been about a year since I first published my networking tutorial, and I finally have an application out in the wild that leverages the functions to provide real world information.

In my new game Building Jumper (download it now, it's free! :)), I had added some code to capture some statistics to help me decide what to support in the future, but also help me balance the game. I can see how many times the game is launched, how far they play in the game, their high scores, and the device it is played on. It's part of a larger network I am building going forward, but an important piece of the puzzle.

So far, I've just built out the device statistics section of the dashboard. It ain't pretty (yet), but it tells a story. Tomorrow I'll be expanding it to capture the game statistics. It's basic, but very cool.

Here is a screenshot of the dashboard so far. I plan to implement a data vis plugin like Raphael to make it really nice to look at, but first I need to get all the numbers and calculations out of the database.

Comments