move to

He guys,

I'm making a game like subway surfers (when you swipe it go to the other row)

But if I use the move to attribute, it won't work.

Somebody knows how I can make the gameplay like that??

Thanks!

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited January 2015

@PRRP games said:
    But if I use the move to attribute, it won't work.

Why not? What happens when you try it? What does your rule look like? What happens if you just have a MoveTo behavior by itself and not part of a rule? Does it do anything?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• PRRP gamesPRRP games Member Posts: 27

rules of my main character:

Rule:

key: if left is down

do: move to: self.position.x-110 ; self.position.y

Rule:

key: if right is down

do: move to: self.position.x+110 ; self.position.y

@tatiang said:
    Why not? What happens when you try it?

And does it make a difference if you hold down an arrow key for some time (e.g. 2 seconds) rather than just pressing and releasing it?

What happens if you just have a MoveTo behavior by itself and not part of a rule? Does it do anything?

Do you have the MoveTo behavior set to relative to actor or relative to scene? Make sure it's set to scene.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

if I hold it for a longer time it works fine. So can I set a minimum, so my actor will move at least 110 and 110 at max?

@PRRP games said:
    if I hold it for a longer time it works fine. So can I set a minimum, so my actor will move at least 110 and 110 at max?

At least 110 and 110 at max? Wouldn't that be exactly 110?

We're six posts in and I still don't know any more than "it won't work." I'd need more details and I'd need to know the answers to the questions I asked above in order to help you out.

I don't think i worked it out on the right way, so i only want to know how i can make this:

Picture:

imagephoto plaatjevraag5_zpsed5f622e.png" alt="" title="" />

When I press/swipe to the left, it wil move to that exact point (blue square on the left)
    When I press/swipe to the right, it wil move to that exact point (blue square on the right)

I know you're asking me to show my rules, attributes etc. so you can solve it, but I think i can better start all over.

edited February 2015

Start by Googling swipe gamesalad. There are many tutorials and videos available.

Ok, I did that

I used this tutorial and i worked everthing out as i wanted. how can i set a maximum per slide. so it wont go to far?

Upload a screenshot of your Move To rule or however you created the movement and then post the link here. It will depend on how you've set it up.

Photo 1:
    imagephoto vraag6_zps0a8acb3a.jpg" alt="" title="" />

Photo 2:
    photo vraag7_zps4c45ca19.jpg

Photo 3:
    imagephoto vraag8_zps5c105929.png" alt="" title="" />

So my rules are (to make it more clear):

Rule:

Mouse is 'up'

do:

rule:

if game.right > 50

do:

change velocity

rule:

if game.left > 50

do:

change velocity

Rule

mouse is 'down'

do:

change game.left to 0

change game.right to 0

Change Velocity is not the best choice of behaviors for moving a set distance. It may have been the way that the video suggested but you're going to have a very difficult time getting a freely-moving actor to stop at exactly a certain pixel. There are ways to "snap to grid" but I recommend instead that you review this thread which deals with the same question:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/76369/stopping-an-actor/p1

I Read the treath but i can't get the good information out of it.
    I am trying to make a grid now for a couple of days, so can somebody say how to make a simple grid, just so i know how a grid works. I made a new project with just a player and a raster, the player can only move left en right when key left and key right are pressed.
    I want to make it stop at a certain postition and let it move further when you press the left/right button again.

Hopeley somebody has some cleare and simple instructions :#