Pop out text

GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game DeveloperMember, PRO Posts: 326

Hello, I' making an RPG type game but I wanted a customized text graphics pop out from the character with the damage numbers, I can't seem to find a tutorial for it. Anybody can link me?

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Unless I'm missing something, you would just spawn an actor with the image of the pop out you want and use a Display Text behavior to display the attribute (e.g. game.damage). Then use something like an after 2 seconds timer with an Interpolate behavior that interpolates self.color.Alpha to 0 for 0.5 seconds to fade the actor. Play with the durations to see what you like.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 326

well the damage is at random numbers so i was asking/wondering how to do it in multiple digits?

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Okay, so you're talking about custom fonts, not just a comic book text bubble that appears. If you Google gamesalad custom font, there are many tutorials about this.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User