Wierd issue when working with key behaviour with Windows 7

Hello. I am new to GameSalad, and i hope the Community here could perhaps help me with a issue i am experiencing with GameSalad in Windows. I was following the "GameSalad Creator for Windows Manual". I was in page 15, when my first "workers wall" appeared.

I followed the tutorial to the point, where i was adding a new rule, and a key behavior in the "When" section, and a move behavior in the "Do" section. These was the following things i wrote:

When "All"
receives a key press: "right"
is: "down"

do

move in direction: "0"
relative to: "actor" in a(n): "additive" way.
at a speed of: "300"

This was the EXACT values i added. Next, i pressed Play. It was working absolutely fine first. I press the right key (->), and it goes to the right side. I pressed "Back to editor", and pressed play again. And suddenly, it doesn't work. I press the right key (->), and the Actor stands still. I didn't change anything, it just didn't work after i pressed back to editor. I tried after changing the "When" value to "up", but then it automatically goes to the right, without even pressing the right key. This is quite confusing to me..

I really feels like i'm experiencing i weird issue, but i don't want to blame the software, when i don't know all the configurations that may be doing this.

I have tried uninstalling, and tried a different version, but still it persist.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated, because I really want to learn more of this software.

Than you in advance!

Comments

• MattSodenMattSoden Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2015

There is something weird with the Windows Preview - try clicking the preview window with the mouse and then pressing the key. It seems like the preview window isn't being 'focussed' properly when you switch between the editor and the Preview.

I now add a first scene where all i need to do is click on the screen to go to the scene I am working on.

• Markus_91Markus_91 Member Posts: 3

Thank you for your answer. I have yet to find the corresponding hotkey for previewing my scene, i have for now always clicked the Play button with my mouse. I have tried looking the web, but haven't managed to find any info of the hotkey of previewing.

• MattSodenMattSoden Member Posts: 30

Sorry @Markus_91, I guess I didn't explain myself.

I use Preview/Play to mean the same thing - so when you click the Play button to test out your scene, straight away after that, click your mouse anywhere 'inside' the scene, then try using the keys.

Hope this is clearer.

• Markus_91Markus_91 Member Posts: 3

Thanks! I clicked inside the black windows, and it worked.